𝘍𝘐𝘝𝘌

"  ᴀʟʟ ᴄʜɪʟᴅʀᴇɴ ᴅᴇꜱᴇʀᴠᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴇɴᴛꜱ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴀᴅᴜʟᴛꜱ ᴅᴇꜱᴇʀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴇɴᴛꜱ.  "

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Yeong-Ja sat on a park bench, on her hour break from the convenience store. It was midday, two days after she had exchanged numbers with Soo-Ho who had texted her frequently within a short amount of time and although her answers were sometimes dry and sharp, she enjoyed their exchange and found herself looking forward to his next sudden text. It was strange, Yeong-Ja never had friends or at the very least, someone who showed interest and put effort into trying to get to know her despite her walls, and coldness at times. So, to have Soo-Ho, a complete stranger trying to reach out to her, made her heart a little warm and fuzzy and it didn't help that he was attractive. Although Yeong-Ja would never say it out loud, she wasn't blind, Soo-Ho was an extremely attractive guy. 

"So this is where you go on your break?" Yeong-Ja's head snapped to the side to see Soo-Ho standing in front of her, clad in his school uniform with his bag hanging from one shoulder. Yeong-Ja stared at him, surprise replacing her regular blank expression causing the male in front of her to smile slightly.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in school? " She asked in surprise, Soo-Ho shrugged and adjusted his bag slightly.

"It's lunch break right now, I remember grandma telling me you worked at the convenience store during the day so I thought I'd pop in, I asked your co-worker and he said you were on your break, probably at the park." He explained causally, Yeong-Ja raised a brow and stared at him.

"So you spent your lunchtime visiting me? Why? shouldn't you be with your school friends, eating lunch with them, maybe even studying?" Yeong-Ja questioned, Soo-Ho looked down at the ground a slight smirk playing on his lips.

"Would you believe me if I told you that I don't particularly have any school friends?" Yeong-Ja instantly nodded her head, not believing for a second that he doesn't have any friends. Because how couldn't he? He was kind, funny, smart, playful, and charismatic. 

"No. I'd call you an absolute liar." She responded, Soo-Ho chuckled and placed his bag beside the park bench before sitting next to Yeong-Ja.

"Well believe me or not, it's true." He said, watching a couple of kids enter the playground as their parents mingled with one another.

"Still doesn't answer why you're spending your break time visiting me." Yeong-Ja pointed out. Soo-Ho laughed and turned his head to look at her.

"Why wouldn't I visit a friend who happened to be a pretty girl?" Yeong-Ja's face flushed slightly and she rolled her eyes at him, scrunching her nose.

"This 'friend' finds you to be an extreme pain in the ass and would like you to leave." Soo-Ho smirked and leaned in close, their faces inches apart and Yeong-Ja could feel his breath hitting her face.