💙Chapter 9 Skales encounter 💙

A beautiful day in the city. I've been busy working my butt off during work at home and got a week off.
I went to a local craft store for some art supplies. I got some adult coloring books, colored pencils, markers, and sharpeners and erasers.
As I was at a fabric alsie looking at the fabric remnants. Out of nowhere I've heard a sound of a kid choking and struggling to breathe. His mom was there with him and struggling to help him. "Can someone please help me save my son!" The Mom shouted. I sprung into action, went to the Mom, put down my basket, then tell her, "Hand him here ma'am, I got you!" I grabbed the boy, put my arms around his waist and did the heimlich maneuver on him, with 5 thrusts the big piece of bubble gum shot out of his mouth onto the floor.
The Hypnobrai boy got shaking up took some breaths then turned to me to hug me and I looked up at his mom having her hand on her chest breathe a sigh of relief knowing her son is saved and okay. I let go of the boy and hug his mom. She wrapped her arms around pulling me into a hug like my mom would. I accepted her hug. She let go of me then look at me in the eyes and said to me, "Thank you so much for saving My son, if you haven't stepped in and did what you did, my husband and I would've lost him!" "You're welcome ma'am! I guessed the CPR training has paid off. No problem!" I told her as I picked up my basket. She put her hand on my shoulder as I got up and ask me, "Excuse me! Are you Duhvassa Chumsworth, Pythor's niece?" "Yes I am Duhvassa. So who are you?" I said. She introduced herself to me telling me her name is Selma and explained to me that her son's name is Skales Jr.

I looked around for her little boy then turned to Selma

I looked around for her little boy then turned to Selma. "So where's Skales Jr anyways?" I asked. "He's probably off to get a drink of water from the water fountain I suppose." Answered Selma as she looks around flickering her tongue. "Or he's doing that and went to get his Daddy probably!" I said. "Could be!" Replied Selma, Selma and I heard some guy saying, "Okay son, where's this lady who are you talking about Junior?" Selma puts her hand on my shoulder again and yelled, "Skales! She's right here next to me Honey!" My eyes widen hearing that name, I turned my head and made eye contact with the general of the Hypnobrai slithering towards me and wrapped his cold blue arms around me into a hug.

"Thank you so much for saving our son's life

"Thank you so much for saving our son's life. Your uncle Pythor would be so proud of you and your act of heroism Duhvassa!" Said Skales as he let go of me. All around me a bunch of folks are clapping and cheering for me. "You're welcome Mr Skales! I'm glad to help your son in his time of need." I said to him.
I dug a napkin out of my purse to pick up the piece of bubble gum Skales Jr spat out. Skales put his hand on my shoulder telling me, "Hey no need to do that, I'll take it from here, thank you!" He takes the napkin out of my hand, picks up his son's abc gum off the floor and went to throw it away.
Skales Jr turned to me in awe. "You're Duhvassa, not only my hero Who saved my life and the world's first serpentine Bakugan brawler. Right?" He asks. I happily answered his question. Skales Jr, Selma and I chatted about my brawling days until his dad came back. Skales kinda ease dropped and seems to be interested in our conversation. But he can't help himself but asked me a question. "So Duhvassa, how old were you when you started Bakugan brawling?" "Started brawling when I was almost 12 years old and stopped brawling a year ago after I fulfill my mom's wish to see me brawl for my last time!" I answered. "Yes before she passed away. Your uncle told us about that!" Said Skales. I nodded and said, "Yeah, I don't want to go into that right now, it's a long story!"
Skales and Selma nodded as they understand what I'm going through. Skales couldn't help himself but pulled into an another hug. "It's alright sweetheart, I know what you're going through has made an impact on you, when you decide move to Ouroboros to join your uncle and aunt, they'll be opening their doors for you." Said Skales then Selma filled in and said to me, "and you'll have a new family that'll love you as you're one of their own Duhvassa."
I nodded and thanked them for their reassurance and tell I going to check out and head home. As I head to the check out, Selma yelled, "Duhvassa wait!"
I turned around to face Skales, Selma and Skales Jr. "Yes! Did I forget something y'all?" I asked. Skales came up to me with a smile as he shook his head. "No! You did not forget anything Duhvassa, but Selma, Junior and I are considering of inviting you to come have dinner with us at a local diner where you met our friend Acidicus. Would you like to come?" He asked.
I nodded and happily accepted their invite. We checked out and drove over to the diner. We have a wonderful time over at there.
Skales, Selma, Skales Jr and I ordered food, played Uno while killing time for our supper to get here and ate a good dinner.

When it's time to pay for our dinner

When it's time to pay for our dinner. I dug my wallet out of my purse, figuring I could contribute to help pay. But Skales gently laid his hands on my hands then telling me, "No need to do that Duhvassa, I got you taken care of sweetie. Don't worry!" I nodded and thanked him.
He paid for the food. I looked over at Skales Jr sitting next to me smiling at me. "What are you happy about sugar?" I asked. Skales Jr answered, "I'm happy that my mom, Dad and I got to spend time with you after you saved my life today Duhvassa." He gives me an another hug and I hugged him back.
We all head out Skales and Selma gives me an another and tells me that they hopefully get to see me again soon. I thanked them for the dinner, exchange phone numbers then said goodbye to them then got in my truck and went home from a long day.