V: VINCENT (Terrasmith)

I felt so small in front of the humongous arborous metropolis. When I looked up, huge trees towered above my head. When I looked down, a giant river lay beneath my feet. Foliage surrounded me as I walked across a large, sturdy wooden bridge, many people rambling about around me. It was like the passageway into the city of life and my eyes couldn't help but stare.

"We're here! Welcome to Fysei Capital! The city of growth and gifts!" Theo stood in the middle of the bridge as he looked up at the enormous tree in the middle of the city. It stood out amongst the others with its large size and paned windows. It shared some similarities to the Aurorae Saplings in the Phaidra Forest with its glowing rainbow leaves.

"Wow! This place is huge!" Ronan wandered about ahead of us.

"And busy!" I added on. "Such beautiful and intricate architecture!" I commented as my eyes of a designer wandered.

"Yeah! Things do get pretty busy here in the capital during rush hour."

I stared as people seemed to wave happily at Theo. As if he was some sort of celebrity here in Fysei.

"Damn, Theo. Maybe you're the celebrity," Iris said, recalling his words from earlier.

He chuckled, flattered. "Well, I guess you could say that."

"Is the Doukas House that famous in Fysei anyway?" She asked curiously.

"Oh, yeah! We're the highest-ranking house in Fysei!" Theo bragged. "Tasked with ensuring that all life, Fysei and beyond, are healthy and happy."

"So, you guys are basically nature's protectors," Iris grinned, impressed.

"More like nature's healers," he corrected. "But, enough of that. Why don't we start your tour?"

For a moment, my eyes grew wide in anxiousness. I thought that the tour was going to be tomorrow, or some other day. Not that day! I was way too exhausted to go on another hike. I was drained again.

"Wait. That was today!?" I questioned, shocked and worried. "I just got back from a literal adventure! I-I gotta rest! Sleep!" I slipped from my formal tone again, hoping that nobody would notice.

"Well, Vincent. I don't think you're gonna be able to sleep in broad daylight," Theo said, stating my literal thoughts.

I looked up at the sky, expecting to see an orange sunset. But no. Surprisingly enough, the sun still shined bright above Fysei, illuminating the sky with its presence. The sky was still as blue as ever. It was like no time passed at all. "What!? How is it still daytime? Did we not just spend hours alone trying to venture here?"

"Yeah," Iris followed, "Now that I think about it, it feels like no time has passed at all! Are days not twenty-four hours here?"

"Forty-eight, actually."

My jaw nearly dropped. I knew other planets had much longer days than this, like Venus. But for a planet so similar to Earth, two days in one was still a bit too much. No? I could barely even last a few hours without caffeine. I don't know if I could survive here in Xynoia.

"Jeez! Why so long?" Iris grew surprised.

"Don't worry! I'm sure you guys will get used to it soon enough," Theo reassured me with a comforting smile.

"That doesn't answer my question," she stared at him blankly.

"Never mind that," he said, completely dodging my question. "Here." Theo searched in his belt for three vials that contained a certain yellow liquid. "Drink these."

I stared at the vials, disgusted. "Is that... urine?"

"Uhhh, no," he glanced at me weirdly. "These are Vitae Elixirs: potions that grant someone an energy increase."