PROLOGUE / INTRO

It all started with a dream.

Phîlomena, the almighty mother of magic, saw the world as blank. At the beginning of time, the world was simply just a black abyss, extending eternally into nowhere. But then, she had a dream—a dream of a perfect world where everyone saw eternity as magical and not tragical. She decided to recreate this world and make it her own. Using her power she created a dimension full of life, her magic enchanting every inch of the land. She created her own people who bore magic in their very hands, and her own creatures, all beautiful and unique. She named this world Tseraii—the first dimension.

However, her magical dream didn't quite come true. The people of Tseraii used their powers to cause chaos. Tragedy. Her enchanting dream turned into her worst nightmare. With a blink of sadness, her supernatural world turned into a tragic memory in her mind, fazed from existence.

Phîlomena cried ten tears on that day, tears that she would never forget. But not for the reason you might think, but because those ten tears lit a spark to another dream. Those ten tears turned into her ten children, the ten Arcāni—magical and elemental beings. Alongside the Arcāni, Phîlomena created a new world—a world imperfect, but still the best and most magical it could be. It was like a replica of her old creation, except it felt more special. Not only was the world magical, but it was elemental as well; each of the ten Arcāni ruled over a different element, and used their elemental power to aid in the creation of this new world.

In the ancient pantheon of ten, the first was Hikari, leading the way as the Arcāni of Light. She painted the beautiful morning sky with the radiant Sun, bringing peace to all.

Following in her footsteps was Tohmet, the Arcāni of Shadow. He formed the starry night sky like an enchanting tapestry, endowing the lands with mystery and sharing his wise whispers.

Next came Anímo, the Arcāni of Spirit and Mind. He was gifted the power to control souls, dead and alive, animate and inanimate, giving beauty to everything across the land.

Jarōur, the Arcāni of Earth, followed behind. He created the very land itself, sculpting the mountains and valleys with his patience.

Chlorís, the Arcāni of Nature, followed after. She breathed life into every plant and creature, coloring the world with her vibrant touch.

Then there was Kaia, the Arcāni of Water. She guided the waters of the world, controlling their current and spreading her joy through the rivers and seas.

Behind her was Mistral, the Arcāni of Wind. His breezes, gentle and strong, spread tales of fidelity across every part of the land.

Léiyû, the Arcāni of Lightning, followed his breeze. Her thunderous storms and electrifying clouds did not cause harm but brought dignity to the sky.

The Arcāni of Ice, Gëlindo, came second to last. His icy touch shaped frozen landscapes, a reminder of nature's blizzarding strength.

And last came Neith, the Arcāni of Fire. She sparked courage in hearts with her infernal flames, inspiring all who beheld and followed her.

Together, Phîlomena and the ten Arcāni used almost every fraction of their magic to form this new land. However, their combined magic was so strong that it created a supersonic surge, dividing the land into ten regions. These ten regions were each pervaded with a unique element, resembling the elemental magic of the ten Arcāni. The Arcāni eventually took their place in each of these regions and ruled over them. The ten regions turned into the ten nations, which were eventually known as...

Raíto: Nation of Light
Stjerne: Nation of Shadow
Belezzìa: Nation of Spirit and Mind
Jiōro: Nation of Earth
Fysei: Nation of Nature
Waikai: Nation of Water
Veneux: Nation of Wind
Shandian: Nation of Lightning
Kaltbērg: Nation of Ice
Qaritha: Nation of Fire

After the land was created, Phîlomena created her new people; people that bore magic in their veins but not in their hands. She spread these people throughout the nations, giving them to each of her children.

Each of the Arcāni ruled their nation how they pleased, and they were able to do whatever they wanted. However, Phîlomena feared that what once happened to Tseraii would happen to her new world. So, she gave them one rule: DO NOT CAUSE CHAOS, WAGE WAR, OR WREAK HAVOC. To ensure that this didn't happen, she gave each of her children three artifacts that balanced and maintained their magic and the magic of their nation and their element: a stone of harmony, a relic of connection, and a crown of royalty. That way no element could become stronger than the other.

This new world was truly the dream that Phîlomena had for the universe. It was magical, and peaceful, and it could last for eternity. Through her glorious happiness, she found a title for the world. A title that described truly how enchanting the world was.

She named it Xynoia.