Ch1. Slow beginnings

(Read ending please)

Comment and don't forget to vote!!

The ride there was long and exhausting. The rumbling of the car slowly lulling me to sleep as I tried not to doze off. Its been a couple of hours since I hit the road, 5 or 6 maybe. But I refused to be cramped up in an airplane seat between other monsters.
Finally I was beginning to see the the familiar layout of M.U. The university looking as regal and stunning as always. My father always wanted me to come here to become a scarer and follow in his footsteps. At least I already have the advantage of my appearance. With my 7 ft tall frame, big matte black fur and wings, along with dark red eyes, scaring shouldn't be an issue.
I finally found the entrance to the parking closest to the dorms and took a second to take a breath. I glanced around to look at all the monsters walking around and going about their day. I wasn't a big extrovert. Its not like I was afraid of interacting with people I just couldn't be bothered too.
I mustered up the motivation to step out of my car into the fresh air of the outside and took a deep breath. I suppose my luggage can wait until I'm done with registration. I brought a fair amount but I had convinced the school to allow me a dorm all too myself, of course not without flashing some greenery.
I started my journey to the registration office, annoyingly enough there was already a line forming there. I huffed in annoyance and ran my claws through the fur on the back of my neck but stepped in either way. The line luckily didn't take that long, I heard someone shout "Next!" from the inside and headed inside not before bumping into a small green, one-eyed monster.
"Sorry sorry!" He apologized before making a double take at my appearance.
I honestly didn't have time for this so I just ignored him without a second though. I walked in and signed some papers to confirm my registration and finally sat at a stool for my picture. The stool creaked little under my weight and the photographer flinched when he got a good look at me, which is a good thing I guess?
After my I.D was handed to me I glanced at my picture and saw that somehow my eyes came out a glowing red, which I suppose is to be expected with how bright the flash was. I stepped out of the office, ducking under the door frame and stepping out into the daylight once again. I don't exactly want to burrow myself in my dorm this early so I suppose i'll check out the stands laying around.
As I walked around I noticed a variety of interesting clubs ranging from astrology clubs, to art, and an improv club whose representative doesn't seem to be very good at improv himself making me chuckle at his pain.
"Hey you!" I suddenly heard from a stand to my front right, I pointed at myself questioningly, "Yeah you! Come over here!"
I was very startled by this Jock looking monster but I walked over anyways. "You look tough! Why don't you join the scare games?!" He practically screamed in my face.
"Scare games?" I was very confused, "Hm they sound familiar."
"The Scare Games! A SUPER Intense scaring competition!" The Jock yelled out slamming his first on the table.
"They're crazy dangerous.. so anything could happen.." An emo looking monster said as she sat next to him with her arms crossed.
"A bunch of guys went to the hospital last year!" The jock threw his arms in the air in excitement as if that was a good thing.
"You could totally die," the chick added on.
"And it's worth it! You get a chance to prove that YOU are the BEST!" The jock yelled, super pumped about this event.
"Oh yeah!" I said as I realized, " My father loved the Scare Games, he used to win all the time."
"Oh yeah?" The Jock said, "Who was he?" The chick stared at me inquisitively.
"The Mothman," I said casually.
The pair of monsters stared at me slack jawed and I took that as my queue to leave.
I don't really like throwing his name around but these scare games did sound pretty interesting.
I guess now I should start heading back to my car so I could unload my things. Pretty sure I have 2 suit cases and 3 boxes of stuff so it should take about 2 or 3 trips to get everything up. If I recall correctly I'm on the 3rd floor so it should take even longer. Honestly I could get up there and pop a window open but there's just no way I could land back inside with my wings open sooo that's not an option.
I sighed running my clawed hand through the fur behind me neck and decided to just get it over with.
Grabbing two suitcases and a box I started my grueling back and forth journey to unload my car.

About 15 minutes later I finally have all of my stuff up in my dorm. I start unpacking and putting all my things in their respective places when I hear a knock at the door.
"Hello?" I ask as I open the door slightly.
"Hey there roomie," A tall blue monster with purple spots forces his way through the doorway, "uuuh wheres the other bed?"
He turnes around looking at me in confusion, his fur in a messy disarray.
I sighed and said, "Let me see your papers bud, I think you're lost."
"Bud?" He looked kind of offended, "Wha- look right here is says I'm in this.."
I took the paper from his hands and took a look, "Look right here, it says room 319, this is room 330," I said as I showed him on the paper.
He squinted at the paper trying to make sense of this, "Oh your right, I'm so sorry I've just been a mess all day," he tried to explain himself as he picked up his boxes again.
"It's really no problem," I tried to console him.
"I'm James P. Sullivan," he held his hand out as best as he could with all of the boxes he was holding.
"Koda Mothman," I introduced myself shaking his hand firmly.
"Mothman?" He looked a little shocked, "Oh I knew you looked familiar! Mine and your father worked together for a while, it's nice to meet you," he said enthusiastically.
"Oh wow, I didn't know that," I said pretty surprised, "We'll I know you need to find your room and I don't want to hold you up but feel free to stop by and chat anytime."
"Yeah, for sure," He said starting to walk out the door, "See ya later Koda!"
I closed the door after he left and said goodbye, then turned around and ran a hand down my face. Well, at least making friends won't be that hard. I should probably finish unpacking.

After getting situated and emptying all my boxes, the sun was already setting. A walk through campus wouldn't hurt right?