Chapter 49

Entering the Rasoi ghar Aadhya looked around and turning to Kunti she asked, "Mata, from where do I start?" Aadhya finished with excitement."

Kunti smiled seeing the excited Aadhya and said, "You tell me what you want to learn first?"

Aadhya thought for a second and answered, "Oh how about kheer? I want to make something sweet first!" 

Kunti nodded and then guided Aadhya to make a counter so they can make kheer. Then Kunti started to guide Aadhya, "First we shall pray to maa Annapurna and take her blessings." Aadhya smiled and started praying, 'Maa Annapurna, bless me so I can make food that makes everyone happy and fills their stomach. I wish to satisfy everyone who eats the meal I make, so please guide me.'

While she was busy praying the chef arranged everything, they needed to make kheer.

After praying Aadhya asked, "So what now?" Kunti smiled and said, "Let's start by touching the grains and taking its blessing as well." Aadhya touched the grains and said, "I thank god and the farmers grew the rice."

After that Aadhya followed Kunti's instructions. 

Kunti looked at Aadhya and show how seriously she was busy washing the rice for the kheer. Kunti always thought that Aadhya being a warrior would avoid cooking but was happy seeing her daughter learning to cook with excitement and not just thinking it as a responsibility. She felt proud. 

Aadhya seeing the clear water asked, "Now what is next Mata?" Kunti smiled and answered, "We boil milk and let the rice be soaked in the water for some time. And remember to boil it in a medium heat and keep staring so the milk doesn't burn." 

Aadhya nodded and started doing what was instructed. 

~~~~

After making kheer Aadhya smiled as the smell was filling the rasoi ghar, she was excited to taste the kheer she made, but controlled knowing she can't now. 

Kunti then instructed her to make the sabji, puri, daal and rice. 

After making the food, Aadhya wiped off the sweat from her forehead and said, "Wow Mata, cooking can be more satisfying than I thought. " Kunti nodded and said, "Yes you are right Putri. Now let's get clean and get ready to have lunch. I'm excited to eat the food made by you."

Aadhya smiled and said, "Mata I'm sure it will taste like your cooking because you taught me how to cook."

Kunti just smiled and they went to freshen up a little then went to the dining area to see everyone already there. Seeing them so on time Aadhya asked, "oh wow everyone is here already?" 

Kanha smiled and said, "How can we not? We all are eager to taste the food made by you." All nodded and Draupadi said, "Aadhya you won't believe they all finished their works early so they can be here on time."

Kunti giggled hearing this and Aadhya smiled emotionally. It meant a lot; they were always there for her and would push her to try her best.

A dasi came and served everyone the food. Seeing the food on their plates they prayed. After that Bheem was the first one to comment, "Well Aadhya this looks and smells good, let's see how it tastes." 

Saying that Bheem took the first bite while the others followed him. Aadhya waited for them to see their reactions and hear how it was. Her brothers swallowing the food looked at her seriously.

Seeing their reactions Aadhya became serious and tasted the food herself. She savored it and said, "It's good why are you guy looking at me like that?"

Nakul answered, "Because we doubt that it is you who has cooked all the food. It is too delicious to be made by you!"

Hearing this Aadhya said, "Bharata Nakul believe it or not I cooked it myself. I'm surprised myself that it turned out this delicious." Hearing this the elders giggled. 

They ate while talking about anything. Aadhya then glances at Avyukt and saw him already looking at her. She wiggled her eyebrows asking how the food was. Kanha smiled and shrugged his shoulders in response.

Aadhya gave him a questioning look, but looked at Draupadi as she heard her name being called.

Aadhya asked, "Yes Bhabhi? you called." 

Draupadi nodded and said, "You should ask for a gift since it was your first-time cooking. And since it's so delicious I'm sure they will agree to give you anything you ask!"

Aadhya smiled at the thought but asked, "Bhabhi, but what do I ask? I have everything." 

Draupadi giggled at her question and said, "Well you are right, but if you want anything do ask them!"

After lunch everyone went to their work and this time Aadhya followed Yudhisthir. Yudhisthir seeing his little sister following him asked, "What do you need Aadhya?" 

Aadhya smiled sweetly and answered, "Jesth, give me some work it's boring to just sit all day and do nothing."

Yudhisthir glanced at Aadhya and then looking ahead he continued walking. Seeing him not reply, Aadhya waited for a while thinking that he might be thinking of something she can do.

Yudhisthir walked into his main hall. Aadhya still followed him. He sat down and Aadhya stood beside him. Seeing her standing there and looking at her elder brother so seriously a minister asked, "Princess Aadhya, what happened? Why are you looking at his majesty like that?"

Aadhya looked at him and answered, "Aree look at him! He hasn't answered my request yet."

The minister smiled and asked, "Oh what is the request, we will try to help you." Aadhya smiled and said, "Well since we established Indraprastha I haven't done anything, I just sit idle and see the day turn into night."

The ministers looked at each other. Then another minister said, "Well princess, I heard you cooked today."

Aadhya smiled at the mention of the topic and said, "Yes I did, and I can proudly say everyone liked my cooking! Oh wait! why are you changing the topic minister?" Saying this she looked at everyone with suspicion.

She then asked, "Jesth is there any reason I'm not allowed to work?" 

Hearing the question Yudhisthir sighed and replied, "I shall answer your question later, I have to look after court matters now."

Hearing this Aadhya nodded and didn't say anything and went to meet the twins.

She searched for them for a while then saw the twins sitting under the tree. Aadhya joined and asked, "What are you guys doing?"

Seeing her both smiled and Nakul said, "Nothing Aadhya we were just talking about how we should warn bharata Krishna about you."

Aadhya looked at them annoyed and asked, "Warn what?" 

Sahadev answered, "About your Rudra Avtar, bharata Krishna is yet to see that, it's better we inform him or else he will get scared ." Sahadev started laughing saying that.

Nakul laughed and added, "Plus after marraige he can't even run away."

Aadhya got up, before she could say something Kanha who was coming towards them asked, "Why would I ran away Nakul?"