Dos

"ALANI!! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!!" shouted Taiju.

I quickly rushed up to his room. I opened the door and saw the tattoos on his back. He quickly turned to face me.

"Where did you leave my shirts?!" He asked angrily.

I walked over to the dresser and pulled it open and look at his face. He may not have showed it, but I could tell he was embarrassed.

"Oh..." he said softly, "I... I knew that!" He scoffed.

I nodded and walked passed him.

"Hey, make me something to eat.." he ordered.

"Si, Señor Taiju.." I said.

I walked out of the door and head back downstairs. I saw Yuzuha and Hakkai sitting at the dining table.

"Alani, why did Taiju yell at you?" She asked.

I pointed at my shirt and tugged on it.

"Oh, he was looking for his shirts..." she said with a soft exhausted smile.

"Why does he have to be so loud all the time?" Asked Hakkai.

I giggled softly and head to the kitchen and started preparing some ingredients. I smiled softly picturing my father and mother teaching me how  to cook. I follow more of my fathers recipes.

Once I finished cooking, I began serving Yuzuha and Hakkai. I had set the plates down in front of them, I heard Taiju's footsteps coming down the stairs.

"What did you make?" He asked as he sat down.

"Chilaquiles..." I said as I put down his plate.

"Mexican food?" He mumbled softly.

I nodded. Hakkai and Yuzuha already began to eat. That made Taiju very angry.

"You dare eat without giving thanks to God?!" He shouted and slammed his fist down at the table.

He was about to stand up but I placed my hands on his shoulder and held it in a tight grip and sat him back down.

"Deja que tus hermanos comen..." I said.

("Let your brother and sister eat...")

Taiju growled softly and pushed my hands away and rubbed his shoulders. I watched his eyes avert away from my gaze.

"Ustedes comen, yo comeré más tarde..." I said.

("You guys eat, I'll eat later on...")

The three siblings looked at me confused.

"You... eat..." I said.

They nodded and started eating. I went back to the kitchen to clean up. Yuzuha and Hakkai brought their plates over as I washed the dishes. I grabbed their plates and washed them then put them to dry on the rack.

I walked out of the kitchen and looked at Taiju as he placed his plate in the sink. I sighed softly and head back to the kitchen to wash the dirty plate. As I placed the plate on the rack, Taiju had pinned me to the counter preventing me from leaving.

"You really embarrassed me..." he growled as he whispered in my ear.

I turned around to face him. His golden eyes were staring my light blue eyes. I had no sense of fear. I remained quiet however.

"You really aren't afraid of me... aren't you?" He asked.

"No..." I said.

He chuckled softly and let out a sigh.