Chapter 2

Rebecca stood beside Freen's body inside the morgue. She noticed a tear that fall from Freen's eye. Her hand moved to wipe away the tear from her girlfriend's face.

"Why are you crying? " She asked even though she knew Freen will never answer her back. She was hurt and mad at her because Freen broke her promise that she will stop and that she will surrender to face the charges against her so they can start anew. But now Freen is gone.

" Did you just realized what you've done? Is that why you're crying?" Rebecca asked again. It was then that Nam entered the morgue and walked silently towards her.

"I'm sorry for your lost." Nam said as she held Rebecca's shoulder who immediately leaned on her and started crying.

-

Rebecca couldn't help but look at Nam who was sitting at the table beside her.

"Was there something wrong on my face?" Nam finally asked. "Huh?"

"You've been looking at me for quite some time now." Nam said. "Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. But I'm just curious why you smiled to me earlier as if you know me." Rebecca asked. Nam was about to answer when they heard Mind's voice. "I told you, I don't need a partner!"

They all went silent when she entered looking pissed. Rebecca knew that look. She clearly remember this happening before. She looked at Nam who is now looking down. She's debating with herself if she should tell the girl that Mind will eventually accept her as her partner. She still doesn't understand why she came back in the past but she clearly doesn't want to do anything that might alter the future. She watched too many shows like that she know that a single action she takes now will definitely change the future that she knows.

She sighed. And then she remembered  how she accidentally met Freen earlier. "I'm not supposed to meet her this early." Rebecca thought. "What if," she paused and then she shooked her head. "That can't be."

---
"Are you sure that woman is the best when it comes to burglary?" A man who was standing by the window, overlooking the city of Bangkok, asked. A picture of Freen was lying on top of a folder at his desk.

"Yes. I knew her and I've seen her work. You won't be disappointed."

The man nodded and faced the guy who was standing behind her. "Go and inform her of the task that I have given you. I want to test her ability."

"Yes Boss."

----
"Becky, I have something to give you." Nam said when Rebecca has finally calmed down. She picked a piece of plastic from her pocket. Inside it was a piece of bullet.

"Is this?" Rebecca asked as she get the bullet from Nam. The latter nodded. "There's something suspicious about that bullet."

"What do you mean?"

"It didn't match with any firearms that the entire police force are using."

"What?!"

"Ssshhh!" Nam placed her finger on Becky's lips to shut her up. Rebecca removed her finger and asked, "How did you know about this?"

"I just find it suspicious that Freen got caught that easily. We both know that it's not easy. You know that because it took you months to know her identity."
Nam explained. "It seems like someone set her up."

"Also, I found this in her pocket." Nam said as she handed another piece of plastic to Rebecca. Inside this is a small box. She took out the box and opened it. Inside this is a pair of gold necklace with pendant that has their initials.

Tears start to fall from her eyes again and she hold onto the box containing their necklaces.

---
Rebecca took out the necklace that she's wearing. It was the same necklace that was given to her by Nam on the day that Freen died. She was standing at the rooftop of their building so that no one will see her take necklace.

She immediately put it back inside her shirt when she heard footsteps approaching her from behind.

"Have you realized it already?" A familiar voice asked her.

"P'Nam?!"