Chapter 1

"2017?!"

"What's wrong if it's 2017?" Mind asked. "Oh, uhm nothing." Rebecca said before picking up her phone. "I will go home now."

Tee and Mind looked at each other before watching Rebecca walked out of the station.

"If it's 2017, then that means, we are in the middle of chasing after Freen." Rebecca thought, not noticing the approaching car.

"Watch out!" She heard someone shouted. Rebecca noticed the car and closed her eyes knowing that it's too late to move away. It was then that she felt someone pull her away from the road. She opened her eyes and saw a familiar brown eyes looking at her.

"Freen." She thought. At that moment, she felt like the time has stopped, at least that's what she wished during that time. Rebecca knew that it's not supposed to be their first meeting. They met under different situation back then.

"Attention all units, there is a robbery going on at 35th Street." Rebecca immediately drives to the location. She hasn't sleep for days since the series of robberies has started in Bangkok.

She tried to take the fastest route, avoiding the traffic. "This is Charlie, I have arrived at the location, over."

Rebecca was about to enter the building when a girl in black hoodie and black cap bumped into her. "Sorry." The girl said to her then she proceed to go on her way.

It was then that she remembered the familiar profile that saw at the CCTV footage from one of banks that has been robbed recently. She looked back and the girl was gone.

"Are you okay?" Those words brought Rebecca back to reality. "Ah yes. Thank you." She said. The Freen in front of her gave her a cold gaze and didn't say anything back and instead continued on her way. All Rebecca could do is just watch her vanish in the crowd.

"It's nice to see you again, Freen." She said before turning away.

----

Freen continued her way to the orphanage where she grew up with but her thoughts were drifting back to the girl she just saved earlier. There's something with the way she looked at her that somehow made her heart felt uneasy.

The girl looked at her as if she knew her for a long time. There is longing and pain with the way she stared at her.

Freen shook her head off. "I shouldn't dwell on a stranger. It's not like we will meet again."

"Phi!!!" One of the kids from the orphanage shouted when they see her. A smile formed on her lips when she see them running towards her. For her, these kids are her family. And she will do anything so she could give them a better life.

---
"Did you sleep well?" Tee when Rebecca came back to the police station. "Yes." She replied. "By the way, we have a new member of the team." Captain Aon said as he entered the room. Following him is a female police officer, who looked familiar with Rebecca. "P'nam?" She muttered.
"Do you know her, Becky?" Captain Aon asked. "Ah, no sir." She replied. Of course she know her. P'nam has been in the team for five years and she's currently engaged with Mind. Though, in this time, this is the first time that she will be joining the squad.

Nam looked at her and smiled which kinds of confused her. "Does she know me?" Rebecca asked herself. She looked back, and tried to remember how they first met.

"There is no way that she will know me when she first joined our team."