Chapter 9

"Wait, we're watching a horror movie?" Dahyun exclaims as they're standing in line to buy their tickets. "I wouldn't have dragged my ass all the way here if I knew that! Let's watch something else. Let's-" She runs over to a movie poster of an animated film for children, pointing at it frantically. "Let's watch this instead! Looks cute, right?"

Jeongyeon rolls her eyes and grabs Dahyun's arm, dragging her to back to the machine to print their tickets.

"Stop being such a drama queen," Momo mutters in front of her own machine where her and Jihyo are picking their own seats.

Lisa snorts and hands Y/n her ticket which the latter takes with a reassuring smile when Lisa whispers to ask if she's doing okay. Y/n's smile fades rather quickly once she looks up and locks eyes with Sana though.

Sana, who hasn't texted her once in the past two days. Sana who completely embarrassed her in front of her supervisor at work.

Y/n keeps a stoic face and follows the others to buy some snacks. She isn't hungry so she just buys a drink and waits for the others to finish, which could take a while because Lisa and Momo are currently eyeing some Nachos.

"You're wearing the glasses again."

Y/n nearly jumps out of her skin, turning around to glare at Sana who only gives her an innocent look. Y/n hates the stupid leather jacket Sana is wearing. Is she trying to look like a bad girl now or what? Or a runway model?

"What do you want?"

"Oh... You're mad."

"Do I have a reason to be mad at you?"

Sana presses her lips together for a moment. "I kind of feel like you're not too happy about me being here."

"I don't really care," Y/n says, looking her in the eyes and maybe it's just a trick of the lights but she thinks she sees a flash of hurt in the girl's dark eyes. Y/n sighs, feeling guilty for acting like an asshole. "I'm not in the best mood. Sorry."

"It's okay. Everyone has bad days." Sana smiles at her. Not teasing, just completely genuine. "How have you been?"

"You saw me, like, two days ago."

"Two days is a long time." Sana shrugs. "I missed talking to you."

Y/n nibbles at her lower lip, trying her best to ignore Sana's words. "Then why didn't you?" She asks.

"What do you mean?"

"You didn't text."

Sana blinks at her, a rather... cute smile spreading on her face. "Did you want me to?"

"Not really."

"You missed my texts, didn't you?" Sana nudges her with her shoulder. "You missed my selfies and my memes-"

"I did not miss the stupid ass memes."

"But you missed the rest." Sana looks so smug right now and Y/n just wants to wipe that stupid smile off her face. "It's okay; you can admit it."

"Has anyone ever told you that you're kind of insufferable?"

"I don't recall that ever happening."

"Or you're just in denial."

Sana shrugs her shoulders. "I'm not necessarily like this with other people. You kind of bring out the worst in me."

Y/n scowls at her, looking back to their friends who look like they want to buy the entire candy aisle.

"Seriously Y/n," Sana speaks in a more serious tone now. "If it really bothers you, I will stop."

Yeah, but the thing is; Y/n doesn't actually want Sana to stop. She likes their banter and she likes Sana teasing her and Sana smiling more than any other person Y/n has ever met. It's refreshing and it's distracting Y/n from the unpleasant things going on her mind.