Chapter 8

Y/n’s thumbs hover over the touch screen after reading Sana’s message. She doesn’t know what to make of it. She puts her phone away when her bus stop comes up, not looking at it again until she’s back in her apartment and getting ready to take a quick shower before going to bed. She should really eat something but she’s honestly too tired and she has morning classes tomorrow.

She checks her phone again before jumping in the shower, gaping a little at how many messages Sana sent her.

To: Sana

osvnjkvnddd <

Y/n frowns. She must’ve sent that on accident when she got off the bus.

From: Sana

> did you type that with your ass

> Y/n are you there?

> did you get kidnapped?

> Y/nnnnn!!!!!

> if you don’t answer me in two minutes i’m going out there and look for you

> Y/n seriously are you ok?

Y/n holds her breath after reading Sana’s messages. They're all five minutes apart, except the last one, which was sent fifteen minutes later.

She’s not really sure why Sana’s concern makes her feel like this but she doesn’t like it one bit.

To: Sana

i’m fine <

i’m home now <

From: Sana

> you scared me

To: Sana

i’m sorry <

From: Sana

> don’t be

> sleep well

Again, her heart does something weird; it tickles her chest, makes her cheeks burn.

Y/n hastily puts her phone down and strips out of her clothes, hoping that the hot stream of water will help her calm down.

-

Falling asleep that night isn’t easy.

Her thoughts are a mess, and Y/n can’t stop thinking about—

She just can’t. She thinks about her stupid messages, her arrogant smirk and the way she looked at Y/n tonight.

And then her skin starts tingling again and Y/n is just horrified at what’s happening to her.

This just can’t be happening. Y/n won’t allow it.

It’ll be okay. She has more self-control than this. This is exactly what Sana wants her to feel. She’s a flirt; she knows how to get those kinds of reactions out of people and Y/n isn’t going to fall for it like everyone else.

She won’t.

-

Over the next few days, Sana shows up at the coffee shop when Y/n’s working. She isn’t sure how Sana knows when exactly her shifts are but she’s pretty sure it has something to do with Lisa.

It’s always the same; Sana will come in, she’ll smile at everyone that starts gawking at her presence (who even walks around like that? Sana always looks like she’s ready for a damn photo shoot) and she’ll order an iced americano.