Chapter 1~The Notes

(Melody)

Hey, Mel here! I'm guessing my twin, Harmony, already told you how we got to this point. So here goes nothing!

At about 7:00 we walked up Mr. M's driveway to find a small note taped to the front door.

H and M: Basement

"Well this is just awkward.", Harmony said, twirling her long, dark blonde hair, which is identical to mine.

We entered the unlocked house and tip-toed towards the spiral staircase. Looking around, the house was very quiet and very unorganized. Typical Mr. M. As we paused by the top of the stairs we heard a lot of people mumbling in the basement. One of the voices stood out...

"Trust me, their the ones.", Mr. M said in a reasuring tone.

Harmony and I looked at each other and nodded, silently saying "Let's go down."

"Oh. Hello girls. You made it."

We took in our surroundings. A long room with different maps newspaper clippings attached to the concrete walls. In front of us were seven people sitting at a rectangular wooden table, one man at the head and three other people on each side. The man was tall, bald, and very muscular. Yet, he wore a huge smile. On his left sat Mr. M, a short man with light colored hair and very large glasses, and a young boy with dark hair and dark eyes who appeared about our age. On the bald man's right sat a skinny, powerful looking woman typing on a Blackberry, a lady with short, fashionable hair, and a woman who looked alot like the young boy sitting across from her.

The bald man stood and spoke. "We have heard a lot about you girls. I believe you will be a great asset to our little group."

"Uh. What?", my sister said, obviously confused.

"Well, let's just start the explanation with a few introductions." The bald man chuckled. "You already know Monroe, he is our recruiter. The man next to him is Mr. Willman, he is our voice instructor. This young man is Allen, our newest member. The woman on my right is Miss Whitney Keen, our manager for all intensive purposes. Beside her is Naomi, our master of disguise. Lastly we have Mrs. Black, Allen's mother and our trainer. And I am Mitch, our leader.

We must have looked pretty lost because he continued on slowly explaining how we fit into this.

"Together we make up the Notes. A top secret group dedicated to preserving creative minds. But, we are missing an important thing. You two."Mitch said with an extremely serious look in his eyes.

"But what does this have to do with us?" I asked.

"The Organization has risen. They are out to eliminate the arts. If they suceed, we won't have anything left but order. With order comes control. And they will control everything. Right now, the Notes don't stand a chance. The seven of us wouldn't last a day. But, if we had more members. Special members. We might just win." Mitch got up and walked across the room, stopping in front of us.

"Harmony. Melody. You two are the Eighth Notes."