Chapter III ''Royal hunt''

Valaerya did as she promised her father. She began to participate in the life of the court, she did not isolate herself from others for days, sitting in a chamber or in the Dragonpit. She was present when Viserys announced that he would marry Alicent. The same she was at the wedding and even the entire ball, talking to the guests and dancing.

Less than a year later, her and Rhaenyra's brother Aegon was born. During that year, Val's father also finally seemed to let her go. Things were slowly returning to normal, back to before Aemma Arryn's death. She was sometimes overlooked again, and thus many things were let go - but it is worth mentioning that she took care of her duties "to the kingdom" herself.

Her father no longer even resented her for taking off her dragon's saddle, and steadfastly refuses to put it back on the beast's back.

Nothing special happened, life went on at court as before and the kingdom was at peace. Well, apart from the Stepstones...

It was already the second name day of Prince Aegon's and a great hunt was organized for this occasion.

"He's got your hair, Your Grace!"

"And eyes!"

"Beautiful prince!"

These words and others could be heard in the large chamber in the Red Keep, where everyone was still eating before leaving for the Kingswood. With the hunt coming up, her father didn't care much about Valaerya's attire, even though she maintained the same style of clothing she had after her mother's death.

It is worth mentioning that, in the meantime, she and her father came to an agreement on her clothing... Namely, that she would wear dresses only when it was really expected from her. That is, at all banquets and other events of this type. However, on any other day, she has the right to wear whatever she wants.

Valaerya had no idea if they had gotten along then because her father had actually let her go, or because Aegon had been born. But does the reason matter at all? No, the main thing is that everything went her way.

"Eat, prepare for the journey!" Exclaimed the king, helping himself to one of the many dishes on the table. At the same time, a man was standing beside him, still telling him that he had to deal with the problem at Stepstones immediately, but Viserys didn't seem to want to hear that today... "Valaerya, where is your sister?"

"Probably in the Godswood." She replied, turning her attention from the food to her father. "I can go get her if-"

"No need, Valerya." Alicent interjected. "I will go." Before Val could answer, Alicent was at the door.

"So I..." she began, turning to her father. "I'll better go to get ready for the trip. Because as we agreed, I can get there alone...?"

"You really can't come with us, daughter? The whole family together." Of course he tried to convince her. He wouldn't be himself if he didn't.

He tried hard to reconcile the family, although he broke it in two himself.

"I've been having a hard time with carriage travel lately." She lied, biting her tongue to keep from making some unpleasant remarks. She didn't want to argue again, not when things were back to normal.

"Alright..." He sighed. "Just don't be late." He pointed out, raising his index finger.

"As always." She smiled and left the room, immediately directing her steps to the courtyard.

A horse was waiting for her there, which she ordered to saddle. She was going to make her way to the camp in the Kingswood in her own way. It is not difficult to guess that she went straight to the Dragonpit, where she changed from a horse to a dragon. She took her time, knowing she wouldn't have a hard time catching up with the carriages on the dragon's back.