Chapter I ''The heir''

The fifteen-years-old princess was in the chamber where her pregnant mother was resting. She had been sitting there for at least an hour, since her older sister had gone flying on her dragon.

Mother was very important to the young Targaryen. While everyone else seemed to push her aside — even her own father — her mother devoted as much time to her as she did to Rhaenyra. She was definitely the closest to her in the whole family and she spent the most time with her.

"Why don't you go out and get some air like your sister?"

"I thought you didn't like us flying dragons when you are in this condition." she replied to her mother.

"She doesn't like us flying at all, no matter what condition she's in." Valaerya looked over her shoulder from her seat across from her mother and saw her sister in the doorway, Alicent standing behind her.

"Your Grace." the redhead girl greeted.

"Hello, Alicent."

As for Alicent Hightower, Valaerya wasn't very friendly with her. They only knew each other when Val went out with her and Rhaenyra to the gardens, or when the three of them were studying. In the end it wasn't a close relationship.

She didn't really have many friends in general, she always felt the same way when she met someone new: That they wanted to get to know her sister through knowing her.

"Did you sleep?" Rhaenyra asked their mother, quickly sitting down next to Val. "And for how long?" she asked another question as her mother nodded.

"I don't need mothering, especially from both of you." Aemma replied, adjusting the pillows behind her back a bit.

"Then perhaps I'd better go back to my chamber, supposedly they've already brought the books I asked for from across the sea." Before anyone had a chance to say anything to her, she got up from her seat and left the room.

She wasn't lying, she went straight to her chamber to read some interesting stories, but she did it because... She felt redundant there already.
As soon as the door of her chamber closed behind her, everything was the same again — only her and her books, which she had already read countless during her relatively short life.

She picked up one of the new books that had been left for her on the table, sat down on the couch, and began reading the first page. It was one of those written in Valyrian, 'a language perfect for poetry', but it seemed to work just as well in prose.

She hadn't even gotten through the first few pages before she heard a knock on the door. She wasn't expecting any guest, she had no idea who decided to visit her. Sister? No it is not possible. They may have been close enough and got along well, but they didn't visit each other very often without any reason.

"Come in." She said, but didn't look up from her new book.

"You're not attending the meeting of the Small Council?" As soon as she heard a familiar voice, which she had not heard for a long time, she abruptly looked away from the book and shifted it to her interlocutor.

"Are you here for the tournament, uncle?" She replied with a question, a soft smile on her face. She watched him very closely, even from this distance, noticing every change that had taken place in him since the last time he had been at the court.

She had a similar relationship with Daemon as she had with her mother. She was glad that there was another person who gave her as much attention as to Rhaenyra. So she might venture to say that she had a better relationship with her uncle than with her father...

"How could I miss the event in my honor?"

"In honor of my upcoming brother, you meant to say." She corrected him, noticing that he was also looking at her intently.