Chapter 28: Whatever Happens

A/N: Not sure why the format of the paragraphs has changed but it's still readable. I wanted to give a mini update and tell you all Chapters 29 & 30 are already done, but I will post them a day or so apart since the remaining 4 chapters are not yet started. Gives me time to finish the story, so for now enjoy and we are almost to the end of Capture or Kill!

P.S. Blood and stuff warning for the next few chapters.

Simon's POV

  Y/N was slumped against the window, which had cracked from the impact of him hitting it. Soap dragged him off the window and set him down on the floor while I looked around, making sure no one else was coming.

"Clear!" I called out.

"Simon he's okay!"

Y/N groaned opening his eyes slowly. He looked like he had just woken up from a nap, but thankfully he was okay. The bullet had struck his plate and hadn't gone through, but it still probably hurt like hell. Johnny helped him up, picking up Y/N's rifle while he leaned onto the Scotsman.

"Lucky shot." Y/N mumbled.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Fine, we have to keep moving." He replied.

He was clearly hurt but at the moment I couldn't tell what exactly was wrong.

"Do you ever wonder what your life would be like if Chimera was still around?" Johnny asked.

It was the night Y/N had apologized for pushing Soap and I away after the capture of Valeria. We had headed up to the roof of the barracks since I knew he often liked to be up there late at night. He was laying across both Johnny and I staring up at the stars while I gently traced nonsense in his hair. The moment was calm and needed.

"Constantly." He mumbled.

"Think it would be better?" Johnny asked nervously while messing with one of Y/N's throwing knives.

"No." He replied, closing his eyes and leaning into my hand.

"You don't have to sugarcoat it, you can be honest." I said.

"I am being honest, Simon. I think about it, but that doesn't mean I want it or don't want either of you. It just crosses my mind is all, lot of possibilities but none that matter anymore."

"We'll rest his soul but I'm glad we met you."

"Me too, Johnny, me too." Y/N smiled.

I didn't feel anything for anyone until I met Soap the night of the Hassan raid. He was kind, dedicated, handsome and caring. It was weird for me at first, but I got used to it despite my mind telling me not to. That warm feeling only grew around Y/N, who was very much the same but also a bit more intense sometimes. It never bothered me since he didn't pass judgment on how I operated in the field. The three of us played well with each other and made sure the others were okay. It was comforting, to say the least, but I always feared losing it. When Chimera made his return, that dream became more of a reality. From watching Y/N walk with Chimera to their first confrontation on the transport, it was clear that Chimera was a different type of evil. He was cold, ruthless, and showed an unsettling type of caring towards Y/N. If it came down to it, Chimera would most likely try to capture Y/N here one last time and try to kill the rest of us. I had many conversations with Soap and Y/N about how I wasn't this "expendable" thing, but my mind at the moment just repeated the same thing.