6/ I can't stand you !

Kayla Preston

Day 4

My heart was pounding through my chest with a speed I never knew was possible. I fiddled with my fingers, letting my eyes scan the magnificent interior of the massive hall. The place was lit up due to the impressive chandeliers that hung low from various sides of the high ceiling. Beautiful paintings adorned the walls and the colorful flowers in porcelain cases at vantage points have the hall an even elegant look.

Sebastian and I stood in a straight line, along with a few others that were involved in the making of the food for the house. If not for today, I didn't even know they existed. But they all looked calm nevertheless as the Mistress, Leigh-Anne, I presumed because she looked my age, and Brent  were seated before us.

I shuddered when I gazed at him. His black hair fell down his neck and his sharp suit was tailored to his his broad shoulders. He held an expressionless look on his face and even with that, I was smitten.

The mistress was exactly what I expected her to look like. She had short hair that fell above her shoulders, pursed red lips and a stern look that showed she meant business.

I'm front of them were the dishes we had prepared. The were various cakes,  rice dishes, puddings, smoothies and everything. And Sebastian was pretty impressed with my cake,(he gave me a hug!), so it was also up for tasting. I was really excited when they tasted the good food and even Leigh Anne was impressed.

She gave a comment on my cake and asked for me to see her after lunch time. I couldn't forget the thought in my head that she looked familiar. Her blonde hair was pulled into a ponytail and her lips were bright red with a menacing smile. She looked just like her mother.

"This was good." Mistress Jolene countered, placing the spoon down and wiping her lips steadily," how I wish mother was here for this."

Her laughter filled the hall.

I felt most of the people get stiff and I realized if the Mistress Samantha was here, it probably wouldn't have ended well for any of us.

"The party will be held here as always. Just a brief for whoever is new here." She paused," we want nothing to go wrong. Everything must be on point. You have your parts to fulfill, so I suggest you do it well. Let nothing go wrong on that day. "

Leigh Anne cleared her throat and I swear I could feel Brent's eyes on my figure.

"You are dismissed."

At this, everyone scramble out of the living room. Sebastian held my hand and  dragged me into the kitchen as loud mumurs and whispers filled the place.

"You have gained Mistress Leigh-Anne's approval. " he almost squealed, rushing to take to glasses and a bottle of scotch from the drawer.

I chuckled lightly. "How exactly ? She just asked me to see her. No biggie !"

I poured the drink down my throat and pushed my glass for more.

"No ,no , no Anna. That was approval alright. Bien, you're getting somewhere."  He chuckled. I noticed the old man was warming up to me as we laughed and chatted whilst making lunch. He even apologised to me for speaking harshly the other day. I was beyond happy to see that we were getting along.