His Westlife Girl

''Oh Xian, what are you doing here ang aga pa ah?'

My fork froze mid air, we were having breakfast when the doorbell rang, Mom volunteered to get the door as JP and I were busy fighting over the last piece of hotdog on the table. Our Dad meanwhile was still past asleep, he seldom wakes up early during weekends.

'Good morning Tita!' Xian greeted my Mom, his voice jolly.

'William's still on honeymoon and you can't drag JP out he's grounded.' My mom lectured on her usual don't-make-mommy-mad tone which made Xian laughed and made JP sitting infront of me sulked. I made face at him which he retaliated by throwing a paper napkin at my face. 'Teka nag-breakfast ka na ba?' Mom asked Xian, I could imagine her half dragging and pushing Xian to our dining room.

'Eh Tita, si Kim po?' Xian asked reluctantly.

Pause.

My heart stopped beating from that question, even JP who was busy gomping down his food paused and stared at me, his looks full of questions. I shrugged at JP and acted nonchalant about it, but deep inside my heart started to race. Why was he looking for me?

'Tita? Gising na po ba si Kim?' Xian asked once again on a softer voice, there was a hint of nervousness about them.

'Ha? Si Kim? Yes iho, she's awake, nagbe breakfast na nga sila ni JP.' My mom said, finally finding her voice. 'Why are you suddenly looking for Kim?'

'Ah she mentioned po kasi na she wanted to attend the mass in Imus today, eh my Mom asked me to pick up something sa bakeshop. I thought maybe I could drop her there, tutal same way lang naman po.' Xian explained.

Another pause.

I earned another questioning look from JP, once again I just shrugged and chewed on my food slowly, I felt like my heart just jumped up on my throat, making it hard for me to breathe. What are you up to Xian?

'Ah Tita sige po, I just thought about it while driving, it's not like she asked me to or -- ahm. Hindi ko naisip na you can drop her there naman later. Sige Tita, I'll go ahead.' Xian babbled, nervousness evident on his voice.

'No, no Xian, I was just surprised, that's all. Para kasing you weren't really that close with Kimmy -- oh, the two of you hangged out during William's wedding diba?'

'Yes po Tita.'

'Well, I'm glad may bago ng magbabantay sa baby girl ko.' I nearly choked when i heard my mom said that. Magbabantay? Baka bantay salakay! My sane mind countered.

JP smirked and made face at me, this time I was the one who threw the paper napkin on his face.

It didn't take long for my mom and Xian to reach our dining room. Our eyes briefly met when he entered. He gave me a meek smile and bumped fist with JP. My mom motioned Xian to seat beside JP and went back to the kitchen to get him plates.

I busied myself by concentrating on my food, but on the corner of my eyes I could see Xian stealing glances at me, JP on the other hand was shoving his iPad over his face no doubt showing Xian the picture of his latest crush.

My mom came back with Xian's plate. 'Oh kain ka na Xian, don't be shy. You better get some waffles now before Kimberly finish it all.' My mom did not waited for Xian to take and put two on his plate.

'Mom!' I protested blushing.

'Toto naman ah!' JP teased.

'Che! Ang aga-aga JP ha? Don't start, I won't introduce you to Angela!' I threatened. Angela was Lenny's classmate in drawing class, JP saw her picture on my fb page and had an instant crush on her.