The Slow Recovery

Jake's POV

It was the day after Izzy's surgery and she was currently sleeping. I kissed her forehead. She was sleeping on her left side with her teddy bear in her arms and she had the IV in her hand.

She turned over onto her back as she slowly started to wake up.

"Good morning my Angel." I exclaimed as I kissed her forehead.

"I'm so tired." Izzy exclaimed as she rubbed her eyes.

"How did my surgeries do? Are they over with?" Izzy asked me.

"You did very well and they were a complete success. They are finally over now." I exclaimed.

"I'm happy they were successful and that both of my knees are now fixed. How long am I staying in the hospital for? One week?" Izzy asked me.

"Two weeks." I exclaimed.

"I'm staying in this dump for two weeks?!" Izzy asked me as she began to get annoyed.

"Izz, calm down. Don't worry, the two weeks will be over before you know it." I exclaimed.

"But I'm stuck in this hospital bed for two weeks and I can't go anywhere." Izzy exclaimed.

"Izz, you just had two major surgeries. You have to let your body rest." I exclaimed as I put my hands on her shoulders to calm her down.

"I know I had two major surgeries on my knees but I don't want to stay here for two weeks." Izzy exclaimed as her nurse came in.

"Is everything okay in here? We need to take Izzy down for her x ray soon." The nurse exclaimed.

"She's a bit stressed out at the moment." I exclaimed.

"I've got the solution." The nurse exclaimed just before she left.

The nurse came back with needle, which is when hell started.

"Jake! She's got a needle." Izzy exclaimed as she was very scared.

"Look at me, she's just going to calm you down." I exclaimed as I placed my hands on her shoulders.

I held Izzy's hand while the Nurse injected the sedation needle into her arm. She fell asleep after she got injected.

"We'll take her down to the X-Ray room." The Nurse exclaimed as she and the other nurses unhooked Izzy's hospital bed and took her down to the x-ray room.

The Doctor's POV

The nurses came in with Izzy, she was fast asleep.

"We had to sedate her doc, she wasn't calming down before." The nurse exclaimed.

"Well let's get her x ray done." I exclaimed as we picked her up from her hospital bed and placed her on the x ray table.

We had to strap her in. I positioned the x ray camera towards her knees.

Jake's POV

Me and Cubby were waiting for Izzy to come back from her x ray. The Nurses brought her back in her hospital bed, she was laying on her side with her teddy bear in her arms. They hooked her hospital bed back to the wall.

I walked over to her and kissed her on the forehead. She's so cute when she's sleeping.

"I will be back with her x rays." The Doctor exclaimed as he went to get her x rays.

Izzy began to stir in her sleep as she slowly began to open her eyes.

"What happened to me?" She asked me, groggy.