Part Diciassette

Enough to make you cry. Enough to make you scream. Enough to make you scratch and shriek and fight yourself, all to release the pain.

All my cleaning ended up going to waste, because as soon as I saw Izzy and Rakim, I slammed the attic door shut and started destroying the room piece by piece. I turned over chairs and tossed scrapbooks and ripped up sheets. I even lit a match to the two pictures with Izzy and Rakim, and didn’t put it out until each picture was near ashes.

After it all, though, I still wasn’t satisfied. The only way I would feel better would be if I killed her and castrated Rakim.

Extreme, I know. But it just didn’t make sense. I thought she liked me! At the beginning of their conversation, she seemed to be helping me! But then all of a sudden, she just switched…was it Rocky’s expression of love for me that made her snap? Is she really that much of a jealous chick?

I shook my head and squeezed my eyes shut so I wouldn’t cry. There was no time to cry, anyway. “We have to run,” according to Ferg. I didn’t mind. Anything to get out of this house.

Within ten minutes or so, I was ready and following everyone else out of the house. I kept my distance from Thing 1 and Thing 2, though. We all piled out of the house and Izzy locked the door, indicating the beginning of our journey.

No one would tell me specifically where we were going. The weather was picking up, though. All I had on was an army green jacket, jeans and a tank top beneath it, but I wasn’t cold. The walk was silent. The guys were mumbling, but Rocky and Izzy were silent. I stared at the ground and watched my steps as we walked.

Soon, I saw that we were going to Eastbound Springfield Hospital. Ambulances and wheelchairs were parked outside and doctors on their lunch breaks were heading to the nearby Wendy’s. I gulped, preparing for the stinging stench of the hospital.

As soon as we walked in, my eyes began watering at the smell. I buried my nose in my shirt and held it closed, receiving a few stares from people in the waiting room. I would have closed my eyes if I could, but that would probably get me sent to a different kind of hospital.

Ferg instructed us take our seats in the waiting room while he, Rocky and Izzy went to discuss things with the nurses behind the counter. I didn’t even sit to talk with Dom. I isolated myself in the back, ignoring the guys and the other people around me.

Rakim emerged from the back after a long while. “We have to go to a different waiting room. Follow me.” He announced. All of us got up and followed him to an emptier waiting room on the other side of the hospital. Here, they conversed a little louder and more freely. I still remained quiet, though. Izzy and Ferg were sitting there with us along with Rakim. I didn’t look at any of them, and I managed to do well with disregarding the smell up until Rakim walked over to me.

“Can I talk to you for a minute?” He whispered as he stood above me. I remained silent. Without warning, he roughly grabbed me by the arm and dragged me to a separate area. About two very old-looking people were there playing checkers on the other side of the area. Rakim and I stood in front of a large window, staring at each other with mixed emotions.

“What the hell was that?!” I screamed at him.

He shushed me. “Tell me how else I was supposed to get you to talk to me.”

“How about not speaking to me at all?”

“I can’t, Tre. I really have to talk to you.” Rakim insisted. I laughed sarcastically.

“Wow. So after all of this cold shoulder you’ve been giving me, you choose now to talk to me. And I’m supposed to just give in to you, right?”