Chapter 16

Standing in the animal clinic talking to the vet/supernatural genius Deaton about how we can possibly stop the Kanima and its master he pulls out a small bottle of some white medicine and a massive needle.

"Ketamine? I know it's used on dogs but isn't that amount for horses and what not?" I ask remembering when I had watched the country vets use these on horses to keep them more relaxed when they were needed to be checked.

Deaton nodding as he placed the stuff down on the table "If you can get close enough to Jackson it should slow him down to by you some time" Deaton says to us and Scott picks up the Ketamine and looks at it then back to Deaton "This is some of what you will use to create the barrier this part is for you Stiles, only you" Deaton states pointing to Stiles who raises his eyebrows in surprise.

"That sounds like a lot of pressure; do you have a slightly less pressureful task for me?" Stiles asks in a questioning tone and I shake my head laughing to myself at how much Stiles is over reacting.

"Stiles' that's from the Mountain Ash tree, in legends it's a protection against supernatural creatures, once you have created this barrier nothing can get through it, no Kanima, no Master, no werewolf and not even me, Stiles you will be fine" I state looking at my boyfriend proudly and Deaton looks at me in shock.

"You know about Mountain Ash?" Deaton asks me and I nod.

"My father always had it lying around, he would often use it around our house at night to protect my mother and I from being attacked in the middle of the night, but now I don't think he has it anymore" I say sighing a bit.

"Also my building is lined with it, so if anyone like Scott tried to give me a hard time it wouldn't be easy" Deaton says and I nod.

"He must have gotten it from you I guess" I state and Deaton nods.

"Yes, your parents were good friends to me and I was their protector and helper when it came to looking after you and your powers" Deaton says.

"So what you're saying is if I spread this around the building Jackson and whoever is controlling him can't cross it" Stiles states with zero emotion, his face was paler.

Deaton nods to Stiles "They'll be trapped"

"Doesn't sound too hard" Scott says smiling to Stiles and Stiles just looks back with a pained expression, worried he isn't going to be able to do this to help us catch the Kanima.

"Not all there is, think of it like gun powder, it's just powder, till a spark ignite it, you need to be that spark Stiles" Deaton says and Stiles visibly becomes tense at Deaton's words.

"You mean I have to light myself on fire I don't think I'm up for that since my girlfriend is a girl of fire" Stiles says causing me to smirk and wrap my arms around his waist and kiss his shoulder from behind, Stiles relaxes under my touch.

Deaton mentally laughs to himself "Let me try a different approach, I use to golf, I learned the best golfer never first swinged until they imagine where they want the ball to go, they see it in their mind, and their mind takes over, it can be extraordinary how much your brain can accomplish" Deaton says smiling and nodding explaining to Stiles how important he is for this plan to work.