Chapter 14

Titus' POV

 I stood outside o f Jenny's room waiting for her to return. She'd been almost an hour now, and I was starting to get worried. John and Joel had linked with Wayne and told him that she had managed to shake them off her trail. As much as I wanted to run after her, I knew that I wouldn't be able to find any trace of her.

 As much as I wanted to be the one to protect her for the rest of our lives, I knew that my mate could take care of herself. Roman was getting restless when I finally caught her scent. Rushing down the hall, I quickly pull her into my arms. "I was getting worried about you Jenny." I spoke. She just buried her head in my chest. We stood there for several minutes before I picked her up in my arms and carried her to her room.

 She stared at me and mouthed something, but I just kept my eyes focused ahead of me. I was fighting Roman who wanted to mark her then and there. Bu I wouldn't do that to Jenny. When I marked her, it would be special. Walking into her room, I quickly make my way to the bathroom. Sitting her down on the counter, I pull out the first-aid kit.

 As I started to check her over for any sort of wound, she watched me silently. –I'm fine Titus. I just went for a run.

 -You left John and Joel. I know that you can look after yourself, but that doesn't stop myself or Roman from worrying about you. Anything could happen, especially now. And if it did, and you didn't have anyone to help, I'd die.

 -I can understand that Titus, but nothing happened. I stayed on the territory. Honestly, I wasn't more than half a mile from the house at all times. She fell silent and I put the things away. Jenny tapped me on the shoulder and I turned to look at her. –I'm sorry. Next time, I won't run ahead. Something in her eyes made my heart sink. She was hiding something from me and I had to find out.

Jenny's POV

 Titus left me in my room, but I could tell that he was upset. I could understand where he was coming from, but there was no way in this world that I was going to let my sister get taken into custody if I could help it. When I told her that you never leave family behind, I meant it. And even though I'd just met her, she was the last of my family that I had left. I would not lose her as well.

 Sitting on my bed, I lay back and try to come up with a plan that would stop the hunters and keep my sister safe. I knew that they wanted me dead, but I didn't know why. I couldn't believe that Ellen had gotten wrapped up with them, but I believed that she was done with them for good.

 I knew for certain that I wanted them to pay for the deaths of my parents and my pack. They killed everyone that I ever held dear to my heart in my whole life. And I would make them pay. Ellen was a good fighter, maybe just as good as I was. It would just take too much time to take them down one at a time, but an all open frontal assault would be too costly on us. We would lose many wolves.

 Suddenly, I got any idea. When I was in the wild pack, we hunted to live. Often, to take down several prey; we would surround them. Once they were cut off from the rest of their kind, several of us would attack while the rest kept them in the circle. If any of the wolves that were attacking got tired, they'd switch out with one of those watching. That way we managed to take down everything in our circle.

 We could do that with the hunters, but we would have to make sure we got those we wanted separated from their back up. If we didn't, we would be the ones to die. Jumping to my feet, I race to the King's office. Knocking once, I wait until I hear him call out to me. Stepping in the room, I smile at him. –I have an idea that might help us take down the hunters. I

 "What is it Jenny?"

 -Back when I was with the wild wolves, I managed to teach them a few things, mainly teamwork. We had a system that allowed us to take down more prey. We would separate a few from the herd and surround them. Then we would send several of the wolves to attack while the rest kept the circle closed.

 We would switch out when we got tired until they were all dead. I thought that we could use that strategy when we go after the hunters. It would help take them down quicker while ensuring that we have fewer casualties.

 "That's a different look at things for certain. I'll take that under advisement." He gave me a smile and I nod. Leaving his office, I make my way back to the kitchen. Making myself a small sandwich, I try to link with Ellen. Hey Sis, are you there?

 I'm here Jen. I've decided to stay within range of you, but far enough that they won't be able to find me.

 That's fine. I wasn't sure if you would stick around. I had an idea that I passed along to the King. I told her about what my odd pack and I used to do, and she agreed that it was a good idea. I could find a few others to help us out if you want to try. I'll always be here for you.