Chapter 12: Connection

A/N: Art by Kamik91 on dA

You titled your head at the shadow in utter confusion. Your mind didn't want to process his statement at all, making you believe nothing of what he was saying. The shadow chuckled at your reaction and stretched out his shadowy arm towards your head. "W-Wait!" You snapped out of your confusion, but it was too late as the shadow version of Bonnie's fingers grazed against your forehead and your mind went blank.

________________________________________

'My body feels a bit ... hazy,' you commented in your mind. Whatever you thought of didn't make any sense. In front of you were two golden figures, the same golden bear and the younger version of Springtrap as you would like to call him. Both of them were laughing and performing in front of a crowd of kids, the same ones as before. You tried to move towards them, but your body glitched out before returning to normal as if nothing happened. 'Wha...' You began to experiment with your glitches and you suddenly started to fly around. Looking down on yourself, you were a purple figure and what felt like dull teeth. You touched your head to see if there was anything there and you were right; bunny ears.

'What am I? The shadow Bonnie I saw in the mirror?' You blinked and your surroundings appeared different now. Out of the corner of your eyes, you could see a familiar chicken and whining child, making you ponder. You blinked once again to find the mangled fox and another time to see the balloon kid. An idea screwed within your mind and you flew up through the platforms and exited out of the balloon boy stage, blinking several times before stopping at a purple stage with a crying child right outside.

"It's okay," you unconsciously told the crying child, slowly floating down from above. "You're not the only one." You landed next to the spirit before the cake spawned in front of the both of you. "You need it more than I do."

______________________________________________

You awoke from your trance and jolted violently at the sudden stop. Shadow Bonnie, as you liked to dub him by, chuckled lowly before retracting his body and dissolved inside the mirror. "You'll find out soon," He told you before dissolving completely and vanished out of plain sight. The moment the shadow was gone, you stretched your limbs to make sure it was really you.

'What was that? How am I supposedly some sort of hallucination in the form of Bonnie?' You wondered, the questions themselves not making any sense. You deeply regretted taking the job now, all of these hallucinations and Springtrap tore your sanity into shreds. A sudden idea popped in your mind and you gave a quick glance at your (iPhone/Android/etc) that resided on your cabinet next to your bed. You swiped your phone up and decided to google 'Shadow Bonnie' in the images, but ended up finding pictures of random people. You switched over to the Web tab and scrolled through, not find anything interesting until your finger landed upon a link that states; "The Tragic Deaths at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza! Two employees died..."

You tapped on it and it led you to an article page that seemed sort of old by now. Quickly scanning through the rather lengthy article, you found out that two employees; a man with chestnut hair and chocolate eyes and a woman with (h/c) hair and blue eyes (if you have blue eyes, change it) died in springlock suits dubbed famously as the 'Golden Freddy' and 'Golden Bonnie' suits.

'I couldn't be the one who died in the Golden Bonnie suit! Sure, this woman has the same hair color as me, but-- UGH! This doesn't help! Yet, why am I able to communicate with Springtrap and see the Phantoms for the longest times? Why have 'Follow me' visions and dreams? Argh!' You comforted your throbbing head and sighed. You closed the tab and looked down on your pale fingers. 'What if... I did die? But if I'm Shadow Bonnie somehow, then who was Shadow Freddy? He has to have a human form as well, someone I met before...' The clock read 4PM and you blinked your sore eyes before looking down at your PJs.

"Nothing matters anymore."

________________________________________

You parked your (f/c) car outside the horror attraction and entered the 'decaying' building with your spare key. You decided to look around and check your surroundings, mentally prepare yourself for Night 5. Who knows... maybe you can find Springtrap and tell him what you're up to?

"(Y/N)! Come into my office!" Yariel wailed out, making you visibly cringe at the thought of Yariel already knowing your presence. You approached the office and sat down on the leather chair in front of his desk, already having war flashbacks of the threats he proposed. "Javier and Cristian called me and they told me they're almost done with your costume and sent me a preview of it. It's coming out horrifying!" Yariel adjusted his black-rimmed glasses and plastered a smile.

"May I see the picture?" You asked politely, guessing he might show you the preview since curiosity was killing you. Yariel shook his head, his light brown locks waving in rhythm.

"Nope.~ It's a surprise!" He chimed before dropping his smile off and gazed at you with a serious look in his brown eyes. "I'm actually shocked at how you lasted this long, (Y/N). You're the second person so far," you took it as a compliment instead, not wanting to be offended.

"I'm shocked too," you started off, "I don't even know if I can survive tonight." You hung your head low in fear, your heart pounding against your chest. You didn't want to die, especially after you experienced the fight that only one phantom can put up.

"Nonsense, you'll live, now go check your office for a way to survive tonight. I'm giving you permission." The owner dismissed you and you left the office, sighing in relief. You quickly trudged your way to your office, but almost had a heart attack when you saw a teenager about 16 setting up props and decorations on a small stool.

"Why do I have to be so small?! I can't get this stupid thing up there!" You heard her struggle and decided to chirp in.

"Um, do you need help?" The teen didn't notice your presence and fell off her stool in shock, landing on her butt. She looked up at you and fixed her straight, brown hair and red-rimmed glasses before standing up in embarrassment.

"N-No, thank you. I'll just get a bigger stool," she dismissed your offer. "My name's Melanie, and you?"

"(Y/N)," You told her, "We'll see each other again soon." You hurriedly pass the arcade rooms and made your way into the security office. You studied the area around you, remembering every single speck on the floor and table. You crouched and tried to lift the Toy Box but it wouldn't budge due to its heaviness. 'Damn, and I thought I can get rid of Foxy so I can have one less Phantom to worry about.' You crashed your body onto the leather chair, tired. 'Who am I kidding, he's probably pissed right now.' You had to come up with a plan, and quick.

______________________________________

You came back for your shift, but 30 minutes earlier than the Boss anticipated. It was less work for him, which meant that Yariel could leave half an hour early since you arrived. You were on your way near the boarded room, hoping to find Springtrap to discuss the plan, but the sounds of windows shattering echoed and you stopped in your tracks. The crash wasn't that far so you slowly sneaked by, peeking a bit from the room. There stood Springtrap in his animatronic form and... Alexander?!

"Why are you here?!" Springtrap hissed angrily, palms turning into fists. Alexander paid no heed and continued to to swipe off any excess shards on his Batman sweater before looking at Springtrap.

"I'm here to protect (Y/N)! Who knows what the fuck you've been doing to her!" Alex retorted.

"I'm the one who's protecting her unlike you! You better stay away from (Y/N) and leave right now before I rip your guts out!" Springtrap's voice turned dark which surprised Alexander.

"Dude, are you jealous?" All of a sudden, Springtrap gripped Alex's shoulder and forcefully dug a severe hole through his stomach making your friend fall on his knees. You watched in horror and wanted to step in but Springtrap's eyes seemed hazed in insanity and anger with a mix of jealousy. The animatronic started to drag Alexander out of the room by his legs and he coughed out blood and groaned. "Y-Y-You can't kill me, I'm the Phone Dude-" Alexander coughed some more and laid limp, staring at Springtrap weakly.

"Then tell me, what happened to the original Phone Guy?" Alex's eyes widened and stopped struggling, the massive pool of blood around his dead body stopped flowing. Tears pricked your eyes and you ran away from the scene, afraid of the animatronic you once adored.

"Why is it that you have everything I wanted? Why is it that you get to fall in love and I don't? Why is it that I'm still... here?"

"Hello? Hello? Um, this is just a reminder of company policy concerning the safe room. The safe room is reserved for equipment and/or other property not being currently used and is in fact a safety location for employees only. This is not a break room, and should not be considered a place for employees to hide and/or congregate - and under no circumstance should a customer ever be taken into this room and out of the main show area. Management has also been made aware that the spring Bonnie animatronic has been noticeably moved. We would like to remind employees that this costume is not safe to wear under any circumstances. Thank you and remember to smile; you are the face of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza."