What a lovely name... - Chapter Three

I continued down the street, noticing Mr Gold through his shop window. I decided to attempt a conversation.

He didn't seem like the type of man anyone wanted to mess with but he was Rumplestilskin and having him on my side could never be a bad thing. You know, just in case! 😉

~~~
I walk in as the bell rings above my head, "Good day, Mr Gold," my voice moves through the shop as he emerges from the back room.

"Hello Dearie," he flips his hair back, tilting his chin upwards slightly with a smirk. "How can i help you today?"

// A/N: DO YOU GET DÉJÀ VU 😩 \\

"You seem to be a powerful man, would you agree?" I tilt my head softly, my eyes narrowing as I pace towards the front desk at the same speed as he does.

"I suppose so," he nods his head to the side, going behind the front desk as I continue to stride towards it.

"Knowledge is power so you must know what is on the border that hit me back into this town?" I roll my eyes, remembering the moment before looking back at him, retaining eye contact.

"Power is power, dearie. I do not know what you are talking about," he seems to be aggravated.

"Of course it is," I smile falsely, leaning onto my hands as I rest on the desk. "You must know something.

"I'm sorry to say but I don't know of anything on Storybrookes border."

I could tell he wasn't lying but I hadn't planned for anything to be on the border yet so what was future me thinking!? I close my eyes to concentrate a moment. "You're going to help me figure this out." I insist.

"Pardon? I would do nothing of the sort." He sounded offended.

"Oh but you will!" I smile with furrowed eyebrows, stealing a pen from behind his desk and exiting the pawn shop.

Okay, perhaps that didn't go as planned but once he gets his memories back he will have no choice but to help me. I just need to get Emma here. I had written my main character based on Emma so, assuming she works the same as the Emma Swan of Once Upon A Time does, Rumplestiltskin will awaken from her name! Or at least... I planned for him to awaken at her name- it hasn't really gotten onto the paper yet. That could be a problem!

~~~

I go to Granny's diner and take a seat on one of the stools.

I pull the pen from my pocket and look at it a minute, unsure as to why I even took it. Surely there was a reason? Then it hit me again. I was the author- I wrote this story and surely I could still alter it!

"How can I help you, Miss?" A young-looking woman perhaps in her 20s stops in-front of me.

"Just a coffee, please!"

"Coming right up!" She notes it down then smiles, going to make my drink.

(A/N: Personal opinion- Caramel Frappe 🔛🔝, fight me about it 😚)

I retrieved a piece of crumpled up paper from my back pocket, flattening it out onto the counter before I begin writing.

*The lifeless clock stood tall, watching the clueless puppets as they passed by.
Emma couldn't help but notice it as she drove down street after street searching for a place to stay.
"Grannys" she thought to herself- pulling up outside and wandering in.*

"Hmm" I wonder, as the same waitress wanders over with my coffee in hand.

"One coffee!" She says enthusiastically, wiping the counter then placing my coffee down in front of me.

"Thank you, umm..."

"Ruby! My name is Ruby."

"Nice too meet you Ruby. I was wondering if I could stay in the inn another night?" I pause a moment, "Sorry, it's not right to assume the connection!"

"No, of course you can. My granny runs both the diner and inn, I'm sure she would be thrilled for you to stay longer!" She smiles.

I simply nod, getting back to my writing hoping that she takes that as a sign I don't want to be bothered anymore but apparently the sign wasn't big enough because she doesn't leave.

"What you writing? Are you a journalist? Author?" She questions, now looking over my shoulder to try and read my words.

"I write what I see and eventually it becomes a story of some sort." I answer, thinking on my feet. God, I hate being out on the spot! Although, I can't have anyone know the truth.

"Cool," she places her hand on the corner of the counter, leaning on it and looming over me.

Ruby seemed nice but she had no idea about the concept of personal space!

"I really should get going!" I announce, taking my coffee in hand as I finish up my last words.

*"Emma... What a lovely name..."*