Adapting in New York

Chapter 2 Adapting in New York

As we got of the plane took a cab to our new home as I step out of the cab I notice my new neighbor kinda stares at be but I couldn't see who it was through the curtains of the second floor.
A few hours went by and my mom got a call from the moving company saying there is a delay in all our belonging at it will only arrive in 2-3 days
And I'm like great we are in a strange country and a empty house with nothing in in my mom just gave me a state and say we should pick a room the house was big no wait it was huge the room I picked had a build in closet with its own bathroom on the second floor I had my own balcony the bathroom was huge from an triangle build in bath to a shower and a toilet lots of space the room itself the bed area was kind of on a platform and split of by a semi wall there is 2 walk in closets one is huge with shelf's and cabinets the other one look more like a shoe storage room as I sat on the wooden base my mom called me to check out the room she picked its the master bedroom about 3 times the size of mine 4 closets huge balcony the bathroom was well designed also similar to mine with a platform to the bed , my mom suggested we go to wallmark just to get clothes and a few stuff we need she have an hire Car we need to pick up so we took a cab to the agency got our temporary car went to wall mark she gotten us sleeping baggs I got myself 5 sets of clothes some bathroom essentials then I saw this semi high heel platform boots which was $150 I took them to my mom and make my puppy dog eyes which make me always get my way my mom just raised an eyebrow at me and said fine Avril u can have them. By the time we got home unloaded everything a few carpets we got and some curtains for the living room a coffee asjine cuz we will all die without coffee after I was done I gently place my new boots on a rack in the shoe closet it seems to fit perfectly got my sleeping bag and pillow and a few teddies I got myself then my phone went off its Sammy my new York discord friends saying "bishh u are my neighbor wtf"
I rush outside and notice she waving at me from the second floor and after what seems like 30 min she came outside this was truly the only upside of moving that I live across the street from my online bestiee I have I quickly grab her hand introduce her to my mom as my mom laughter at Sammy asking why our stuff isn't here yet Sammy says there house have 2 spare guest rooms we can stay there til our stuff arrived she makes a phone call to her parents and its a good to go. When we got in there house it was huge about 6x the size of ours bookshelfs filled there living room with the most beautiful painting her father greeted us saying his name is Peter and he is a historican and scholar we were escorted to our room.
The next few days me and Sammy just hung out she explained to me about school and I looked confuses cuz in UK if u are 16 u start college and I sight as I now know I still have high school left and u can west normal clothes to school no uniforms
By the time the moving truck arrived and we all rushed over there as they start unloading our stuff my king size bed fits perfectly on the bed stand or platform with 2 steps leading up to the bed I hung a mosquite net over the bed soon my room begins to feel like home by the time we were done unpacking it was Sunday and knowing that I have school tomorrow my mom did arrange for me to go in the same school as Sammy my thought is like yahh I'm the new kid people gonna pick on me by the time Monday came around I quickly get my lazy ass in a bath dress myself in legging and a top with a hoodie made my hair in ponytail as my mom came in to observe me standing in front of my giant Murrow she snaps a picture or 2 I didn't notice til I heard her giggle when I turned around she thrown something at me knowing I don't have good reflexes a silver and black object hits me in the face as I pick it up she says "its the keys to ur new jeep enjoy Avii she usually calls me Avii or Avrillin" I rush downstares seeing a black jeep with pink vinyl standing outside its beautiful I love it I rush towards her hugging her probably squeezing my mom half to desth she stated I'm responsible for my own gas and should look for a part time job and its expected of me to drop vee and fetch her on primary school if I get a ticket of any kind she takes away my keys so me and vee went outside as Sammy saw me I ask if she want a lift cuz I don't know where the places are we drop vee at school and then we drove there at the schools parking lot I open the windows lit myself a cigarette by the look on her face I can tell she's shocked or disappointed I look at her and say I only smoke if I'm nervouse by the time I'm done I grab in my purse for my emergency mouth wash and cover myself in perfume.
As we walk closer to the building kids outside I sight and she tells me welcome to hell for the next 3 years as we aproch the building a strong mascular guy comes running at us with short hair he greets her and looks at me asking what's her name when I said I'm Avril he smile at me and smirk well ur sexy af and he runs of before I could say anything the rest of the day went by okay I guess only highlight was that I had a musical class and they handed me a guitar when I started playing everyone stares st me I played one of the songs of black sunset without recognizing it my fingers just move as it told me to that's when I snap and think of I just fucked up soon after that they started to recognized me from the time I use to be in the band and all the YouTube videos I just ran to my chair and put my hoodie on.
After school I went straight to pick up bee and went home also gave Sammy a lift home when I walked in the door my mom stayed she got a message from the school first thing I'm thinking of suck one of the teachers saw me smoke I'm done for now but that's not the case luckily they want me to audition for the schools band I just smiled and told my mom I'm not interested I drop my bag in my room crashed on my bed min after my mom sat on my bed saying I should really think this over I just look at her with tesrs in my eyes saying with Andy gone I can't I can't play with anyone else she pulls me closer wrap her arms around me saying I never told her why I quit playing with everyone I just look st her through my crying eyes saying it was getting to much for me the pressure and as black sunset was getting more popular between practice trying hard to get into a collage and managing my personal life exercising and everything I couldn't handle the pressure she just pats my head and nods then I lay on her shoulder saying I'll give anything to play with my brother one last time he was the lead singer but also any instrument that he touched he can play from drums to piano to guitar even violin and those SASbags the dutches plays basically if it exist my brother can not just play it but mastered it with lil to no effort she just look at me and says she really miss me I return with my one arm on her shoulder we sat like that for a few hours til the doorbell rang we got takeaways.
The next few days in school everyone was wearing black sunset March I became the main topic people asking me for autographs taking picture of me it just became to much for me so I just went through this dark fire exit and when this person saw me he was like oh fuxk and almost swallow his cigarette I walk to him and say can I have one he lit us both one hand it to me I sat opposite to him and the way the cigarette lit up part of my face he says enjoying it here I just mumble nope
He's name is shun he had dark long hair very feminine build with brown/greenish eyes I introduced myself and telling him for the love of god plz don't ask me for an autograph he looked at me asking if I wanna ditch class with him promise me no one will catch us we ran to my jeep he giving me instruction where to drive and soon we ended up at this park I just sat on the swing and we went behind a tree and diggs and hand me a beer I told him I don't drink and he just smile and say we'll more for me then we just talked and tbh it felt relieve knowing he's just there for me in a way he reminded me of Nathan it was Friday today after a few hours went by we drove back to school picked up Sammy and vee and drop them of when I walked in the house I smiled at my mom saying I ditched school she looked worried but understand my reason
The rest of my Friday went by normally just me and Nathan talking and stuff and he making fun of me
As I was abt to say night to him he send me a message "see u next weekend xd smiley face"
I responded what !
But no reply so I went downstairs grab by self something to eat and went to bed I have my first day of work Saturday nothing major just a job at a coffee shop when I got there the manager hand me a apron and name badge showing me how to make everything I messed up so many times saying I work weekdays after school and one weekend a month seizing as this is my weekend to work I know next weekend I'm not and can see Nathan maybe if my mom allowed it Sunday went better.
As Monday aproches people were leaving me alone and all of the sudden I was back being a normal teenager in high school again everything back to normal
I even join Sammy and a few of her friends in the cafeteria for lunch and after that we had history lessons which I kinda sucked st don't get me wrong I love history but I suck st remembering dates.
The week went by normal and the weekend soon approaches
My phone beeps its Thursday morning 2am a message from Nathan " hii smiley face is it okay if I can crash by u for the weekend the band have a hotel I don't feel like sleeping there" I just reply I'll let u know gotta ask my mom first
When my mom was awake and I can smell the bacon from the kitchen I rush down put on my sad puppy dog eyes asking if Nathan can sleep her for the weekend they have a gig here Saturday like always I get what I want but she says I know the rules if a boy stays over my bedroom door stays open I just smile and call him saying its okay he noted I'll see u Friday afternoon.