1: Atlantis

"𝕴 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖑 𝖎𝖙 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖓-
𝕾𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖆𝖎𝖉,"

This tale starts off with something you're most probably familiar with; The Explosion of the Grimlands. The event that singlehandedly ended the beginning. I have to give props to Fwhip and Jimmy, they did something Xornoth couldn't.

They ended Scott's reign. Along with everyone else's besides a few people. One of these few people happen to be Jupiter.

~ a few facts about jupiter ~
he's a god now
he denied xornoth's existence for the longest time
he likes to build-like me
he used to have a wife

I don't really enjoy saying his mortal name, it feels wrong. That's what I called him when we were both mortals. I will for your sake, Jupiter sounds a bit odd doesn't it? Anyway, Joel found two things that he adored to be broken beyond what he could do on this winter day.

What were those two things? His palace and his wife.

His palace was an easy one to find, we had suggested to split up to check each of our empires. Joel flew back, checking on his citizens. To his relief, everyone seemed fine. Nobody was hurt.

In his words, definitely not mine: "That silly stinky 'demon' isn't real after all. Or I'm just too handsome, tall, sexy, and cool for him to mess with."

But before he could text it on his shattered communicator (the screen had broken to a million pieces solely on the impact of the explosion), he looked up. To his palace. Or more... what was going to be left of his palace. He watched as a large chunk of the colourful terracotta fell from the roof, it was starting to fall apart.

How it fell apart is a mystery, I've studied the architecture of the Mezalian palace for the longest time and it shouldn't do that. Joel was a careful builder, he understood physics well. But it fell.

Joel's face was unreadable staring up at his pride and joy, trust me-I've tried to see what he felt but it's unbelievably hard. For someone who expresses their opinions so easily, Joel is also effortlessly mysterious sometimes. I don't know if he's even trying to be like that, I think it's just something he does.

I could imagine how upset he must've been but nobody besides the man himself will truly know what he was feeling. You and I will never know.

He deployed his mechanical wings, a sense of urgency was flowing through his veins most likely. I'd be upset if I was him. I was upset when my empire was withering away on Aeor's Resolution, it's the natural reaction to things you care about getting destroyed.

He tried to save it using his pure strength, but alas... he was a mortal. The heavy concrete, wood, and terracotta roof caved into the rooms below. The male didn't stay and watch for too long. He did swear plenty of times, his initial reaction contained vulgarity. "What the fuck." Definitely left the king's mouth.

Joel got off his roof, sulky-but he hadn't gotten angry. Yet. The brunette had immediately flown toward the Ocean empire after the roof had collapsed. Dust was still floating in his lungs. He had muttered, "Lizzie's okay, right?" While he was flying to her empire. I think it's cute.

What's not cute is the giant sink hole that was draining the ocean. It was draining Lizzie. Joel wasn't sure where to land, water was quickly disappearing before his eyes. He couldn't find his wife in all of this. The palace of her own featured dead pink coral, it turned grey.

Joel couldn't see any of the lily pads. It was like they all just disappeared. I know what had happened, he was already too late. The ocean was disappearing and so was Lizzie. His wife was gone. He was a few minutes late to her last moments; suffocating on the lily pad that was disintegrating as the goddess died.

If Lizzie was gone, so was her empire.

But Joel didn't know that. He pitifully was flying around, frantically looking for Lizzie. Joel spent a few hours looking for her, the Prisma Palace was in ruins at the bottom of this sink hole. It was only after Joel couldn't find any of Lizzie's citizens was when the news finally came across to him.

It hit him like a truck. Then he was run over with the ambulance that was supposed to save him. His communicator had beeped, I had died and Sausage was having none of it. It's like rubbing salt into his wound listening to Sausage talk about the death of someone he cared deeply about, me.

Spoiler-Sausage does eventually fall to death on the same day. At midnight. Due to his own spells too.

Joel grimaced as he couldn't bring himself to type back. He must've felt somewhat guilty, only Katherine was talking to Sausage. Trying to convince him my death wasn't his fault. I owe everything to Katherine for that, she's a wonderful person.

Joel was in shock, standing by the shore as he couldn't stand in the water. He finally felt tears build up, threatening to fall from his eyes. They leaked. Jupiter's a strong soul, a being with strong feelings. Once he started crying he couldn't stop, it was uncontrollable at that point.

His tears fell into the rippling water, he didn't even bother to wipe any of it running down his cheeks. Jupiter doesn't cry often, from this point forth he's only cried twice. Which is saying a lot considering this tale is lengthy. He choked out coughs as he sobbed, no coherent words formulated.

Just one thought I could guess he had; Lizzie's gone and he didn't save her. He wasn't there for his wife, the person he had sworn to himself to protect. As he kneeled down by the water, he stared down at his diamond ring. He had given Lizzie a netherite one with the same pattern just in case she accidentally burns the diamond one.

He had given it to her less than a year before Aeor's Resolution. He had proposed and gotten married to her less than a year before. It was the happiest half-year of his mortal life. Joel stared down at it, the diamond glistened as the sun set. He wanted to throw it at the sun, how dare it continue to set like normal while the world was ending?

But he didn't. It reminded him of Lizzie. The male noticed an un-ordinarily bright light in the water, it was glowing. Circular, it was coming closer to the surface-whatever it was. I know what it is, I want you to take a guess on what it is.

It's a pretty important item.

Joel watched as it floated up, like a dead fish whose bodily fluids had been drained. It was the ocean orb, not that Joel knew what it was. He didn't touch it immediately. Joel just looked at it, what was it? He studied it's looks and features, it shined and shimmered blue.

It had live pink coral attached to it, coral was one of Lizzie's favourite blocks. So he touched it, using one hand to gently caress the magical orb.

Then... he had passed out. That's what active magic often does to a mortal.