chapter 12

"Mama, me hungry..."
"I sleep now..."
"There yet?"
"Mama, no walk!"

'Damn you, Tengen, and your genes....' Y/n thought after hearing her 3 little gremlins complain again for the past couple of hours. "Here I'll carry you for -" she started to day before an unknown voice cut her off. "Please! Please, please, please! Please marry me! You know I could die any day now! Marry me, so I don't die alone!"

"W-what is he doing?" Both Tanjiro and Y/n said at the same time utterly confused on the scene in front of them. "Mama, why yellow man yelling..." Sumiko questioned, looking at her mom now feeling embarrassed for the man. "I- I don't know, sweetie..." As Y/n was answering her daughter, she watched as Tanjiro approached the begging boy.

"Come on. I'm begging you! There's no one else! You're the only hope I have left! Please im asking you agaim! Marry me! I beg you!" The boy continued to scream, clutching on the poor girl. Tanjiro deciding now was the time the time to step up. I finally spoke. "Why are you making such a scene in the middle of the road? She's clearly not interested in you!"

Y/n, who was simply watching this unfold with her 3 little offsprings, couldn't help but sigh. How about we find someplace to stay as they work... whatever this is out. Ushering the little ones in front, they slowly but surely make their way down the path to find someplace they could stay until Tanjiro works out whatever he needs to do. She already knows that he has a mission as a certain yellow haired boy yelled something about it as they were leaving.

    After walking for what felt like hours, but in reality, it was only 10 minutes, and they stumbled upon this little house with a wisteria crest on it. Immediately recognizing the place she knocked on the door. "Y/n-chan, it's been a while now come in darling and introduce me to the cuties behind you." Hisa croaked out, leading the partial family into the house before making tea. "Hisa-sama, this is Akio, Akihiko, and Sumiko, my little triplets." Y/n introduced to the kind lady with a look of adoration on her face.

     No matter how much all three of them reminded her of the man she's oh so desperately been trying to forget, she loved them dearly. It's like a punch to the stomach to even think of Tengen, Suma, Hina, and Makio. 'Come on, Y/n now is not to think about them! You deserve better....' She tried to encourage herself before shaking her head "Think Y/n there is no time to think of them and the past... plus, you already agreed to go on a date with-"

    "Y/n-chan? You seem tired. Go take a nap, and I'll handle these three adorable sweethearts, ok?" Hisa-sama said to the tired mom, not taking her eyes off the "innocent angles" in front of her. Y/n not needed to be told twice, got up, and went to the guest room. Just as she safely got to the ground and slid her crutch across the room, a bird came knocking at the window.

     "You have to be kidding me-" Y/n deadpaned only to notice it was Kaname. "Kaname! What are you doing here boy?" She asked before scooting to the window and opening in for the bird. Landing on Y/n's shoulder nuzzling affectionately in to the cheek as she takes the picec of paper from his claw. Giggling at the affectionate crow she opens the letter reading the content inside before blushing. "I swear he has always had his way with words" She mummbles too herself before Kaname drops paper and something to write with infront of her urgering the lady to hurry up and write a reply.

-------------------------------------------the letter----------------------------------------

     dear --------,
Thank you for the letter it's always refreshing to hear from you even tho it's not in person. You're sweet words always sweep me off my feet, I don't know what I've done to deserve someone like you by my side. As the days past I've found myslef gidddy just of thinking of our upcoming date! I've haven't felt this way since.... well you know... But let's not dwell on the past. It might take me some time to fully come in tune with my feelings so I once again thank you for being son paitent with me. Please don't worry about me and the kids we're doing great! I can't wait for them to meet you finally. Also please don't thank me the least I can do is to give you a chance and see how it goes.

                                  Yours truly,
                                             Y/n......L/n
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wrapping up the letter Y/n secures it to Kaname's foot before he returns to his master who's eargerly waiting for her reply. smiling as she watches the bird fly off her hand subconsciously makes it's way to cover her lips. sighing to herself she can help but think is this who she really wanted? her heart was torn between two men, the one who tore her heart and the one who can piece it back together.