Chapter 11

At police headquarters, every officer was intent on finding the monsters hiding somewhere in the city. And in the interrogation room. Vincent was questioning April and Casey again.

"It's been almost twenty four hours," April said. "If you're going to press charges, just press charges."

"And you owe her a phone call," Casey added.

"I don't owe anyone anything until you tell me where those things come from," Vincent answered in a steely voice.. She got up to leave but Casey stood and blocked her exit. "From New Hampshire."

She gave him a long look. "Wow, I'm impressed. You're actually an even bigger loser than I thought." There was a knock on the door.

Jade entered. "Chief, we need you for a briefing."

Vincent left with Jade and closed the door. April realized Casey had been stung by Vincent's words. "Don't worry about her, Casey. She's just trying to get under your skin."

"Nah, she's right. Been hearing that my whole life. You know, I've only ever really had one goal. I wanted to become a detective in the New York City Police Department," sighed Casey. "I wanted to put criminals away, not just keep them in cages. But by working Corrections, you do learn two good things. One, justice comes in all shapes and sizes. And two, it's way easier to pick a cop's pocket than you might think." He held up Vincent's cell phone and grinned, "Make your call." April smiled and took the phone. She knew just who she was going to call.

In his apartment, Vern was blowing a plastic bag. He placed it along with the other bags until his phone rang. "Vern," April said. "Vern, listen, I need you to... What is that sound?"

"Just a little side venture. Falcon breath. Turns out, people are willing to pay $200 a pop for a bag of my hot air." said Vern.

"Okay, look, forget that I asked. Casey and I are in police custody," April told him.

"That's shocking!" Vern realized. "Why would they want to question you? I mean, just because you broke into their headquarters."

"Vern, look, I've got bigger problems than myself right now, okay? Baxter Stockman doctored the footage from T.C.R.I, but I'm betting that there's some sort of a secondary feed that will show that he's been working with Shredder and that they turned Snake eyes, Bebop and Rocksteady into mutants."

"Look, uh... What do you want from me?" Vern asked.

"I want you to be the hero that the whole city thinks you are," April said.

Stowed away in the cargo hold of another plane, the turtles flew back from Brazil. There were no sides this time.

Shira gazed out of the window as soon as Reika, Raph, Manako and Tomoka took notice. "Are you feeling okay, Shira"" He asked her.

She did not answer. "It seems you missed someone," Manako peeped.

"Is it about Leo, Mikey and Donnie?" Tomoka asked her.

Shira nodded her head. "Yes... I miss them. And every day, I get so sad about leaving them behind while the Foot clan takes them away and drains theri blood."

"I know we missed them, " Tomoka sighed to her sister. "But we know we had to move on without them. I know they're up there somewhere and I do wish that they are still inside us."

Shira began to shake her head. "It's not that. It was the Foot clan. They're to the blame. And we can't save them even though your brothers died!" She began to sob again. "This time, I can't risk myself to let you get killed by the Foot clan to get drained of blood."

Nobody said a word, until Manako hugged her. Through blurred vision, Shira turned to see her sister feeling the same thing. "I miss Mikey too." she said, squeezing her sister's hand.

Tomoka has tears clotted in her face. "And I miss Donnie as well. They were so kind and they sacrificed themselves to save us."
Raph stared at his sister before he comforted her. "And I'm sorry this really happened to you," he said. "I know I will avenge their deaths once the Foot clan is defeated."

Smiling softly, Shira began to wipe her tears away and smiled at her brother. "Thanks Raph." She slowly hugged him as soon as the three sisters joined in as well. They sure wish that the three brothers are alive.

At the T.C.R.I building, Vern walked confidently up to the young security guard. "Coming though," he started with a fake authority. The guard was thrown. No one had ever just walked to Stockman's private laboratory and said 'coming through' before. "It's a restricted area," the man said.

"Restricted? You know, I know something that will open just about any door in this town. Key to the city." Vern pulled out a key hanging on the chain around his neck. The young guard was impressed. "You are The Falcon?"

"You haven't earned the respect yet to say my name out loud. You want to put yourself on the path to that respect, run downstairs and grab me a mochaccino." He slid past the guard, who hurried over to the elevator to go fetch Vern's mochaccino. Vern headed into the lab, looking around for the device storing the footage April needed. "Come on Vern," he said to himself. "You were a cameraman in your former life. Before you got fancy. We're with you-."

Vern zeroed in on a modern light fixture hanging on the wall. It seemed oddly placed, and it was the only one like it in the room. When he looked closer, he found a micro camera wired into the wall. He yanked on the wire, following it all around the room, making a mess as the wire ripped through the plaster. He ended up right back where he'd started. He found a metal panel, pried it open and saw a small hard drive. Hurrying to leave the building, Vern headed to the elevator doors. They slid open, and the security guard stepped out, carrying Vern's mochaccino. Vern took the hot drink and got in the elevator. "Keep up the good work. One day I may be looking for a sidekick. But for now, the Falcon soars alone."

Inside Shredder's hideout, Stockman was concentrating on the important task before him. An array of panels surrounded the pieces of the area. All Stockman had to do was put them together and turn them on. With Shredder, Snake Eyes, Bebop and Rocksteady watching his every move he simply had to master a mysterious alien technology. Easy right? He pulled on protective arm wraps and went to work, cautiously fitting the pieces together. As the pieces clicked into place, the arc started to glow, dully at first, then more intensely, with brighter colors shifting across the surface. An odd humming sound grew louder and louder.

"Yes. We did it," Stockman said. "Once it's fully powered, the portal will be just wide enough for the Technodrome to come through piece by piece. This is gonna be insane!" He pressed a cluster of alien symbols on the side of the arc. "Their names will be footnotes in the annals of science after what's about to happen here."

As a ball of light begins to form at the center of the device. Snake Eyes, Bebop and Rocksteady stare, completely in awe of what they were seeing. "We only need one more thing to make this perfect victory."