Chapter 6

April pounded down a dark alley but stopped when she saw the Foot Clan coming at her from the other end of the alley. She turned back but the Foot surrounded her. "You guys don't really want to do this again, right?" she said, feeling disbelief. "It doesn't usually work out well for you guys. Because I have five friends. They're green ninjas."

But before they could get to her, hockey punks flew in, knocking out the soldiers! They all turned and saw a man, wearing an old school goalie mask and wielding a hockey stick. He dove into the fight taking on the remaining Foot. Karai knocked the canister out of April's hands. It rattled toward the end of the alley just before as a police car screeched to a stop. April took off after him.

April turned into another alley, but this time quickly proved to be a dead end. She stopped and turned around. A Foot soldier was at the open end of the alley. She was trapped again. Then the man blindsided the soldier, knocking him out. April looked up, uncertain what to make of her masked ally. Moving toward her, the man shrugged as if it were no big deal to take down a bunch of ninjas with a stick. "Thank you. What's your name?" she asked.

"Casey Jones," he answered. But his mask muffled his voice because April didn't understand him. She tipped her head to one side. "What's that?"

"Casey Jones."

"Stacy Moans?"

"Casey Jones."

All of a sudden, someone sucker punched him by someone hiding in the shadows. A familiar voice shouted. "Get away from her!"

"WHOA! Get back. Do not eat us," Casey said, "We are not food. The people of Earth are not your enemies." Shira's pink remaining eye, which her eye is in twilight mode, glowed as she flew to her brothers and sisters. The adjusted eyes of the turtles glowed in the complete dark before coming out. Casey was shocked by the sight of the mutant Turtles and the odd looking Sea Turtle hybrids. Manako copied Casey's voice.

"Watch this." she whispered, "We were sent by the Supreme Leader to eat delicious hoomins and dip them in blood dressing." Manako really likes to mimic people a lot. Her long bluish tongue licked her lips.

"It's okay," April told him. "They're my friends."

Seeing Casey was utterly confused, he turned to April. "Oh. Oh, they...They're your friends?"

"Yeah, they're my friends."

"Sorry we're late, April," Shira said as she flapped on a railing. "You want to walk me through what's going on here?"

April tried to explain. "Uh, okay, um, so I went to go see Baxter, but then Shredder was there. And then he was talking about opening up some sort of portal to another dimension, and then he... " There was a quiet little pause. "He took this purple ooze and he injected it into those criminals that escaped with him. And then he turned one of them into a rhinoceros, the other one into a warthog, and the third into a cobra."

As she spoke, Tomoka extracted purple mutagen from the dart and placed it in an analyzer on his forearm computer. E.C.H.O studied the mutagen. "You have eyes on Bebop, Snake Eyes and Rocksteady?" Casey asked. "Let's just say that I have a vested interest in bringing them to justice."

"Let's get back to the lair," Shira told the others. "Raph, grab Friday the 13th here and follow. If he can help us find Snake Eyes, Bebop and Rocksteady, he's coming with us."

"No, he's not. Not a chance," Casey said firmly." I'm staying right here."

"I'd agree with you, but you're wrong. See, we, too, share a "vested interest," Raph said, grabbing Casey's arm.

Casey tried to pull away. "I don't share anything with you guys."

"Dummy..." growled Reika, showing her fangs.

"Fellas, fellas..." Manako squeaked, raising her hands playing peacemaker. "Now, the people of New York need us to set aside our differences and work together. Which begs only one question." She looked at April and Casey. "Are you two guys like a thing or..."

"Come on, move it!"

Back in the lair, Tomoka studied the screen on her forearm. "If this purple ooze was injected into Snake Eyes, Bebop and Rocksteady's bloodstream, it's feasible that were I to pinpoint a singular isotopic signature, I may be able to use it to track their location." From behind the corner, the sisters lay there with their cat positions on the soft moss of bedding.

"And if we find them, then we find Shredder," Casey said. "Put them all in shackles!"

"And as long as we all have our hockey masks, what could go wrong?" Raph asked sarcastically.

Casey glared at him. "Seriously? Now I'm taking wardrobe advice from a bunch of Swamp Things... Hey! Living in an underground amusement park, and have, forgive me, the most pretentious names ever."

"Uh, excuse me, I named them," said April. She knew them since she was young.

"Hey, guys? Nobody moves." Casey told the others in an urgent hushed voice. "Don't move! There is a giant rat back there."

The turtles shared a quick look. The sisters looked at him. "Yeah, we've, uh... Seen him around here before." Raph said.

Reika stretches out her long fins and crouches low. "You know, there's only one way to get rid of him. You got to get low. Low! Yeah. When you go at him, you gotta go fast, and you have to go hard."

"We believe in you, Casey Jones. It's all you," Manako said.

"Exactly." Reika whispered. "We need you to get him."

"San, ni, ichi, Senno!" Then he stepped aside, opening a path for Casey, who charged forward. Splinter whipped Casey's legs out from under him with his tail. "Giant, rat one. New guy, zero," said Splinter. The Turtles laughed. Shira buried her face into her massive breasts. She thought this a dumb idea. "Are you freaking kidding me?" she tried to say.

"Wait a minute," Casey said, "This is your father?" He shook his head, amazed by the sheer weirdness of it all.

"Of course he is!" Tomoka chirped, floating around.

Casey got back up to his feet and picked up his bat. "You're leaving?" April wondered.

"If I can find my way out of here, I am. You know, I was doing just fine tracking Snake Eyes Bebop and Rocksteady, and then you just T-boned my existence," Casey told April. "So now I'm gonna find them or I'm gonna go down swinging. So if you want to go down swinging, these guys hit harder than anyone." April did a worried look.

"These turtles have done more for this city than you will ever know or they will ever take credit for," April said, her eyes beaming.

From the lab, Tomoka continued her analysis. The softshell was murmuring himself about this odd ooze. "All right, Donnie, you got this. Okay. Dissolve the quadra-helix bonds and reverse the cohesion. Wait. That would mean..." Her eyes widened. "Is it really possible?"