"Gallows"

DAMIEN | POV

At least tell me your name." I insisted.

She looked at me with a firm stare, before loosening up.

"Carmella." She gave up.

Okay well that was a first step I thought. The wind began to pick up slightly making her hold her arms closer to her chest. It got colder day by day and night by night.

"I'm Damien." I gave her my name in return.

She started talking again. "Just don't think this makes us friends or anything."

I shrugged. "I know."

She seemed like the stubborn type. Reminded me of when I was a kid even though she was a little older than I was. Probably only by about two or three years it looked like.

Figured I should probably lay off. I wasn't going to test my luck and see if she would actually shoot me or not.

Unless we moved faster we would be spending another night out in the dark. I wasn't in the mood for that either.

"How many?" She asked.

"Huh?" I was confused.

"How many people are in your group?" She tried again.

I thought of my brother and my cousin.

"Not including me, seven." I answered.

She nodded her head up and down. "Okay."

We cut into a older neighborhood with very few houses spread out far and wide. The roads were gravel. We were getting farther away from civilization.

That was a good thing. There shouldn't be anymore military this far out from the cities. I was glad it was behind us.

"We're gonna sweep the houses, look for supplies." Carmella ordered.

"Since we're gonna clear these houses, I was wondering if-"

"No." She cut me off mid sentence.

"How am I supposed to kill walkers without knife?" I asked.

"Walkers?" She stands confused.

"Oh you know th- the sick people." I tried to explain.

She still stood there looking at me like I had three heads.

I try to explain again. "You know, because they walk?"

She smiled. "Okay, word."

She reached in her bag and tossed me my knife. Her gun lowered and I let out a breath of relief. Soon enough we entered the first house of the bunch.

Carmella stuffed things like canned food and plenty of water in her bag. Once hers was full I started packing mine to the brim until my backpack was bloated.

I stepped on a loose floorboard. It caught my attention immediately. Carmella was busy in another room looking for more supplies.