"Skal"

TERRANCE| POV

"I can't believe you guys actually got me out of that." I smiled back.

Damien looked down at the ground. " We got lucky"

"Too lucky." Andrea added.

We had finally reached the country side. Walking through grass fields as the sun raised up in the sky. The foggy days had cleared up. With no roads in sight it would be most of the day before we started making any more progress.

I looked down at my white shirt covered in a dark tint of red blood. I started to get used to the smell.

"What I wouldn't do for a shower right now." Faith preached.

"Exactly." I agreed.

Damien wasn't going to give the last weapon he had, over to Ray. I could feel Ray's urge to say something looming behind me like the clouds in the sky.

Mom felt the same way about me. Even if I wasn't the one holding the gun. She helped clean up my wound with stuff from her bag. She was a nurse. I think she's dealt with a lot of gunshot wound patients, which would explain her being hesitant with me around guns.

I couldn't blame her. It's natural.

Although I wish it wasn't.

Ray turned left down a row of crops in the field, steering us in that direction suddenly. We all turned onto a dirt road. At the end of the road was a forest.

"You sure you know where your going?" I ask.

"Yeah I'm sure man." Ray assured me.

I half believed him. I'd take half believing over not believing at all any day of the week.

Definitely.

DAMIEN| POV

We made our way down and through the woods. It was quiet all the way out here. No military, no walkers. It was peaceful for a change.

Ray had basically been begging me for the gun in my bag.

I knew it wasn't because he didn't want me having it. He wanted it so Monique would shut up. Sounds rude in my head buts it's the truth. Sometimes people need a little bit of truth. A wake up call rather.

"Any idea where we're gonna set up camp for the night?" I ask Ray and Monique.

Monique didn't answer.

"Yeah probably on the outskirts of a small town out west on the route to Bush Park." Ray claimed.

I slowed my walk down, to fall back to the back end of the group. I walked beside Andrea and Faith.

"How you guys holding up?" I ask.

Andrea starts talking. "Well, considering the situation I think walking through a random forest in the middle of nowhere is about as good as it gets right now." She replies.

Faith chuckles. "Yeah your right."

We speed up our pace to catch up to the others. The morning breeze was surprisingly refreshing despite the conditions.

Gak!

I look to my right. "More walkers up ahead!" I call out to everyone else.

Ray rips out his gun. I quickly push the barrel down where it's facing the ground.

"Don't use a gun, it'll just attract more of them." I tell Ray.

My eyes scan my surroundings. I count.

"One two three four." Four walkers I count in my head. I pull out my knife from my pocket.  We all move in slow.

I palm one of the walkers shoulders with one hand, pushing my knife into the base of it's skull. Had to remember headshots kill, nothing else.

The walker's corpse dropped down to the ground. Sticks cracked on the forest floor as the body hit the ground.

"Fuck fuck!" Faith calls out.

I find her gripped by the arm by a walker. I rush over driving my knife into it's head.  The grip on Faith is released as the walker falls over.

I look around to see Andrea and Terrance standing over their respective kills.

TERRANCE | POV

Eyes focused on the corpse at my feet. I look up to see my mother watching me, looking at me with intense teary eyes.

She had a look of something in between being horrified and approval. Finally see saw with her eyes. For once in her entire life she saw me as an adult.

It was a strange thing for her to see me like that. That's one thing that I was absolutely sure of in my head. I knew I'd have to talk with her later. Probably when we end up setting up camp.

The trees in the forest started to get more spaced out which meant we were getting close to the other side.

Author Notes

So many things I want to say right now. First of all sorry for such an abrupt end to the chapter. Not too much important story content this chapter.

Also, thank you guys for 100 followers!

I've seen a sudden quick burst of growth. The story is still well on it's way to fifty story views in three days.

I enjoyed writing this chapter as I felt my writing hit a new level in terms of pacing and story telling. Just a small little accomplishment for me I guess.

Make sure to look out for the next chapter.

Bye survivors.

-monthings