Part 4

~~~~~❀~~~~~

~~~~~❀~~~~~

"Ram is a fraud, Amarnath ji promised me that he will take care of us, he promised that we will be the heir to his property, but Ram snatched it from us and didn't kept his promise..." the words echoed in Ram's mind, the scene from the court repeated on a loop at the back drop of his eyes.

As he stood by the small gallery which gave ample vision of the surrounding area which was now dark and he could barely see anything. Ram just stared at the dark which resembled the darkness and loneliness in his life.

He was never the happy go around kinda guy. He had his struggles, but never was he grim about his life situations. Maybe he declared his life mediocre pretty soon, but what transpired in a span of week, officially changed the status to, not worth living.

Ram gasped sharply, realizing he had held his breath for too long that it almost made his eyes spin a little. Shrugging his shoulders, he shuddered lightly at the after rain breeze. Though Kunal was generous enough to help him out with this place and lend him some clothes and bedsheets to get through the night. The lean teen boy's biggest set of clothes too were skin fit for the broad frame of Ram.

Ram sustained his movements, worrying at an uncanny turn or stretch of his arm would rip the T-shirt or the sweat pant. Though he did look and feel quite young wearing the gray T-shirt and matching sweat pants. Usually, his nightwear are those plain white Kurta. A habit he picked from his father.

Ram was so used to the kurtas that he forgot when he transferred from such sweat pants to that comfy cotton thing. Maybe when he realized that he had to step into his father's shoes and provide the family, that he turned into his father.

Right now, he did miss the comfort of those, but he has decided that he'll let go of those things, cause he was no more the Man he thought he knew. He no longer had the authority that he thought he had. No more the life that he thought he had.

Sniffing, he rubbed the tip of his nose with the back of his palm and wiped his eyes.

His phone vibrated in his pocket, heeding him. He was used to the constant notifications, made a habit to respond to the important ones at the end of the day but now, he knew, most of them were not so pleasant.

Taking his phone out, he scrolled through the bar and saw numerous missed calls, from unknown and known people. Even though the numbers were not saved. He knew most of them were from the media using anonymous numbers to make him pick the call.

Vikram's advice is to have a manager handle all this stuff and keep a separate private phone made sense now.

'Vikram...'' He sighed. His friend must be worried sick. Ram is yet to tell Vikram about his whereabouts. He even hovered his thumb across Vikram's contact ID, considering calling him, but he had no energy to answer his friend's questions that he might fire.