Part 2

"Mr

"Mr. Kapoor here" "Sir at your 2!" "Sir, look here as well" "MR. KAPOOR!" the media yelled to get a good picture of Ram Kapoor as it was rare to see him out at such functions.

Ram Kapoor has been enlisted in the Forbes '40 under 40' list which is pretty remarkable considering he just took over the family business like 5 years ago.

The business which had it's share of ups and downs was mostly in their downs in the past decade with the decline in Amarnath Kapoor, Ram's father's health and his career taking a strong hit when he confessed of having another family. A debacle which broke the name and fame of the Kapoors.

Ram, who was just settling from the loss of his mother and this sudden news of his father having an affair couldn't even process the things as the step family was already on the door steps having nowhere to go.

Amarnath made him promise that he will take care of them, before biding due to the world.

Such was the tough time the guy faced in these years, yet he kept his promise. Took great care of the step family that he scratched the "step" from and made it his own family.

But how more cruel can his destiny be, he chuckled ruefully. As few days back, he was smiling into the blinding flashes of the media for his achievement and now he was hiding his face from the same flashes, which tried to get a reaction of him getting stripped off of his own identity and business.

He stifled a yawn as the path ahead was just straight with minimal curves. Ram wondered where exactly he was, yet he didn't budged to stop or look into the gps.

He did stopped long ago to use the restroom at the petrol pump, filled the tank up and hit the gas as soon as he was done.

When he started this journey to nowhere it was early wee hours in the morning. At the corner of his heart, he felt bad to leave Vikram and Neha, his only friends and "family" but then, he was done trying to prove his worth and innocence to the world.

The moment he felt he didn't had it in him to say anything, was the exact moment he just pressed the gas pedal on his car and drove towards the highway.

He did let the windows open, letting cool breeze brush past his face. He felt suffocated enough mentally to not let the closed windows do the same to him.

After a little while of driving through the dark roads, highways and ghats. Ram's stomach grumbled in sync with the rumbling of the sky.

He looked around to find any hotel by the road to have something to eat, not for the appetite but for the sake of his bodily needs.

Minutes passed but he didn't saw any place to stop by, he did saw a few but they were closed. '8 o'clock at night and food courts were closed!' he wondered and not seeing much on the map as well, he somehow came across a small town which looked pretty decent and decided to enter it, feeling a bit nauseating.