A New Adventure

"That's better than a no!" Luffy blurted out excitedly. The corner of (Y/N)'s mouth twitches as he side-eyes the rookie captain, "yeah, yeah.." He sighs and stands up, dusting off his knees that were a little irritated from the grass, dirt, and gravel. Little indents were present all over his legs due to the small rocks on the ground.

"Thank you for paying respects," he turns toward the teenager, "but you should go back to your crew now." The teenager didn't stand up, hat covering his eyes as he stared into the water. "Why won't you join my crew? Do you have an actual reason?" (Y/N) raises a brow at the sudden question. "Well, humans don't have a tolerance for vampires."

"I would endanger you and your crew. Strangers, criminals, pirates, the navy, and the government would be after me." (Y/N) looks somberly at the statue he made all those years ago for Sawyer, "this place is my only home, where I won't burden anyone anymore."

Luffy finally looks back up at (Y/N), making eye contact with him. "I don't care about that. We'll be hunted anyways since we're pirates, who cares if it's more than what we thought it would be?" (Y/N)'s eyes slightly widen as Luffy continues. "We'll just have to teach the world that you're not to be messed with. It shouldn't matter what strangers think."

Luffy stands up, stretching his arms above his head. He grabs (Y/N)'s hand and begins to pull him in the direction he assumed the village would be in, "no one is a burden, anyway." Luffy chooses to ignore the vampire's moment of vulnerability, covering the tears that pricked at his eyes.

————————————————————

Usopp was currently sitting at the docks, Nami sitting on the ship while Zoro sat near the curly haired teen. "Do you think Luffy was able to convince him?" The long-nosed boy reels in his fishing rod, coming out empty handed once again. He grunts, annoyed.

"Knowing him? Definitely." Zoro answers, keeping his eyes closed, attempting to nap peacefully. Nami leans on the wooden railing of the Going Merry, "caught anything else yet, Usopp?" Said man sighs, turning toward her, "no.." She sighs as well, "when they said this island was abandoned, I really didn't think they meant the animals too."

Usopp had only caught one fish so far, and it was rather wimpy looking. They had found some fruit earlier, but they really didn't want to live off of that for the next week for so. The small group of teenagers go back to the silence they had been sitting in for the past 30 minutes, occasionally broken by Zoro's slight snores.

Out of the forest comes Luffy, hand in hand with (Y/N). The rest of the crew, minus Zoro, watches as the two walk over. Usopp stares in shock, while Nami stared in what could only be described as exasperation. "He's joining us!" Luffy says, holding their enjoined hands up. Nami scoffs at her captain, "yeah doofus, that looks a little obvious."

Zoro snickers from his spot against the ship, eyes still closed. The second Luffy set his eyes on the vampire, Zoro knew he would join. (Y/N) scans his eyes across the little crew Luffy had been able to accumulate himself so quickly. When he makes eye contact with Usopp, the boy flinches and turns away, sweating at his presence.

"If you're trying to fish, this is the worst spot you could pick. This was the main fishing grounds the humans chose," (Y/N) lets go of Luffy's hand as he walks over to Usopp, fully aware of the anxieties he had about him. "They migrated to the back of the island."

Usopp looks at (Y/N), "oh, okay," he says quickly, trying to get used to vampire's looming presence. (Y/N)'s jaw clenches slightly at the boy's uncomfortable demeanor. He turns toward Luffy, "I'm gonna go pack some things before we leave," he says quietly, unnoticeably dejected. With that, he leaves once more to say goodbye to his home.