Deep discussions

Harry was absolutely fuming, why did Mr Weasley think he knew best, why did he think Harry would go looking for trouble? Why did no one ever believe him...

Harry sank to the floor, the rough grain of the floor scraping his knees on the way down, frustrated tears gathering in his eyes, his stubborn facade melting away as they drew salty tracks down his cheeks.

A quiet sob left his mouth but he quickly stuffed his fist in his mouth to muffle the sound, he wouldn't let anyone see him like this, even the Weasleys, he'd be broken to them if they saw. 

They didn't know he was already gluing the pieces together. H̶e̶ c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'t̶ t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ t̶o̶ d̶o̶ i̶t̶ f̶o̶r̶ h̶i̶m̶. He didn't need them to do it for him. Settled with that conclusion, Harry curled up on the hard wooden floor, at home among the dust and cobwebs -f̶o̶r̶g̶o̶t̶t̶e̶n̶- and slowly drifted of to sleep despite the quiet sobs racking his body.

~

Harry's dreams that night were blurred as though he couldn't fully remember the full scene, even his brain is lazy.

~~~

"Prongsey come quick, come on, prongslette's said his first word," A figure with dark hair bellowed to someone he couldn't see.

Harry could vaguely hear the man shout to someone just behind him, and he turned to see a large figure (come to think of it he was pretty small) rushing closer,

"Come on prongslette say a word for your papa..."

Harry's mouth opened on its own, a peculiarly familiar word being spat out, followed by giggles from both him and the shorter man "Pa'foo."

Harry heard a long-winded sigh from the taller man, despite the  others obvious -though blurred- shit eating grin.

"Padfoot, I left you alone for ten minutes, how do I explain this to...."

~~~~

Harry woke from the dream with a small smile on his face, recalling the people from his dream. Though their names were vaguely familiar, he just couldn't remember where he'd heard them. Despite that, it seemed whoever Padfoot and prongs were they had loved him. n̶o̶t̶ e̶n̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ t̶o̶ s̶t̶i̶c̶k̶ a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶.

~

Harry couldn't bring himself to leave his room that morning despite how loud his stomach rumbled, he could deal with it, he'd had worse. Instead he spent his morning curled up in a blanket, Thanatos wrapped around his arm, book pressed right up to the rims of his glasses.

He had presumed the Weasleys would leave him alone and so was shocked when he heard a soft, almost shy knock on the door. "Come in," Harry called out weakly, his voice cracking slightly.

Ron flitted into the room, a tray of food in his hands "Thought you might be hungry,"

"Thanks," was Harry's curt reply, he was still mad at Ron, some food wasn't going to change that.

"Look mate, If this is about not sending any letters then i'm really sorry, I thought you wouldn't want to be bothered by me, you know after how rude I was about the parseltongue thing and you have a snake now so you probably hate me even more and you're Harry Potter and i'm just Ron and I knew Hermione was writing to you so i thought you'd prefer not to have loads of people writing, you know with those muggles of yours and..." 

Ron must have realised he was rambling because he quickly fell silent, his gaze dropping to the floor.

Harry got it though, Ron was clearly dealing with some issues, luckily for him Harry was too, they could deal with them together. "No, Ron it's okay, I understand."

Authors note:

Thx for reading this very angsty chapter, Harry as expected has some issues.

We'll be going back to Hogwarts next chapter (the train ride at least)

enjoy <3

Question of the day:

What animal would you be if you were one?

(Having asked many people, i've been told I would be a calico cat <3)