Chapter 19

CALLIAN'S POV

"She is already there in the Philippines Dad, she is back with our son"

"What is your plan Khyro? How long will you hide the truth from her?"

I was stunned by his question. I don't know if I should tell her the truth since she is happy now, we are both happy now.

I know she will be hurt when she finds out the truth.

"Dad this is not the right time to tell her" I heard a sigh on the other line. He really wants me to tell Adahlia the truth but I don't want to. 

I'll just let the right time come to reveal the five years of lies.

"Okay son, I respect your decision"after he said that, I hung up the call.

Since the incident happened, my father has changed, he respects me and he also let me make decisions for myself.

I turned my attention back to the doctor in front of me.

"How long will the effects of the injections be effective?" I asked him while holding my face that I changed just so that Adahlia wouldn't recognize me. Just so she doesn't get the idea that I'm alive, that I am Khyro, not Callian.

"Dr. Montero, it's only valid for three months. After that, your face will return to its original appearance."

"Thank you Dr. Sanchez. Thank you for everything."

"Too formal Khyro, gago ka!"tumawa muna siya bago tumingin ulit sa akin.

"Umuwi ka na sa Pilipinas at simulan mo na ang pagiging santo dahil tatlong buwan nalang at magpapaalam kana kay Callian Montero"

Anyway he is my friend, Hiro Eldrige Sanchez. We both graduated in the course of Medical degree but he was the only one who continued to become a doctor because my father forced me to manage the company instead of becoming a professional Doctor.

"How do you tell her? How do you begin?" Hiro asked while he was busy arranging his things.

"I don't know. I don't want to tell her and I would pretend to be Callian Montero for the rest of my life but the time will come and she will know the truth. Nothing can be hidden when the right time  reveal it"

He stopped what he was doing and looked at me "Why did you do that? Did something good happen despite your pretending?"

I stood up and walked to the table here inside his clinic. I took wine from the drawer and poured it into a glass then I drank it.

"She was pregnant at that time. I don't want her to give birth to our child in a chaotic life. I don't want even an innocent child to suffer. I don't want her happy life to be ruined just because of someone like me. I'm a bastard, and because of being a bastard I joined the mafia. I didn't know that would be the reason for all of this. It's all my fault, so if she gets mad at me, I will accept it but I will never let her leave me again" I didn't realize that my tears were falling while saying those words.

I felt Hiro tap my shoulder to comfort me.

"She will understand you, bro. As long as you tell her the truth right away and don't let her discover it by herself because I'm telling you if that happens, she'll feel twice the pain she felt when she thought  that you were dead"

ADAHLIA'S POV

Madilim na at umuwi muna ako sa bahay para icheck ang anak ko, si Letlet muna ang pumalit sa akin at kasama ni inay sa pagbabantay kay tatay. Lumipat na sila ng tirahan dito sa Maynila at ang lupain naman namin sa Batangas ay ginawang farm at pinatayuan ni Letlet ng rest house. Proud na proud ako sa kanya dahil sa kabila ng kahirapan ay nagpursigi siyang tapusin ang kurso niya. Dahil sa kanya kaya guminhawa ang buhay ni nanay at ni tatay. Alam kong malayo pa ang mararating ng kapatid ko.