A Warm Welcome Back

Another very quick reminder, All characters have been aged up to 18-20 years old.

((Note: This is the slowest chapter, I was very unsure about plot lines, you could honestly skip it if you want))

"Y/N! Your letter is here!" your mother calls from the kitchen. You run downstairs, practically flying down the flight of stairs, when you reach the bottom you are met with a stack of letters. "Are these all for me?" you say very confused, not receiving a single letter all summer. You look through the names of who sent the letters,

Sebastian S. Sebastian S. Sebastian S. You flip three them all.

All of them, are from him.

Despite you two being in difficult houses, him a Slytherin, and you a Hufflepuff. The two of you grew quite close during your first year at Hogwarts, being that you started as a fifth year, he helped you catch up to your peers. However towards the end of the term, he started dabbling more and more into the dark arts, eventually killing his uncle in his pursuit
to find a cure for his sister.

"Seems that you have made quite the friendship with this boy?" your mom asks with a smirk on her face, you roll your eyes at her and look back down at the letters, ripping them open one by one, Sebastian's penmanship is less than perfect, his handwriting sloppy, ink blotches are stained everywhere.

"Maybe if you didn't hide my mail I would have more" You say annoyed.

She scoffs and continues on with whatever she was doing.

That was the first, of many letters.
He was relentless, The second letter was less sloppy, but still had his horrible hand writing, the rest all had the same theme,

Why aren't you answering me?

I immediately wrote back after reading them all.

Two days later, One day until start of term

Last year Professor Fig accompanied me to Diagon Alley to get the items I needed, This year my Mom has decided to experience the wizarding world, needless to say she ended up waiting in a tavern, away from all the wizarding folks.

"Y/N!" You hear a familiar shout from behind you, It was Poppy, a fellow Hufflepuff. You turn around and she immediately embraces you in a tight hug, Poppy lets go first, and jumps with happiness.

"I missed you so much this summer! Why didn't you write back?" She asks, disappointment and worry in her voice.

I feel embarrassed, sick almost. "I didn't get any letters this summer, I suspect my mother hid them."

Poppy let's out a slight laugh, "That's ok! you went through a lot last year, she must have thought you needed a break"
I nod in agreement, I still have nightmares about the things that took place, Seeing the death of Professor Fig, tore a hole in my heart.

"I suppose you are right" you sigh. Suddenly you feel two hands on your shoulders, not a tight grip, but gentle. It still scares the hell out of you, you flinch and pull out your wand. Quickly turning around you see him, it was Sebastian.