Chapter 16- king Xavier

"Austin, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in school?"
"Yeah, but a friend of yours told me that you are not feeling too well so I came to check up on you. Besides, if you are not in school then there is no point being there"
"What do you mean there is no point? Aren't you in school to learn? I'm not your teacher so what do you mean there is no point being in school?"
"Well you are the only person I talk to, so I will be alone if you're not in school" at this point, Farha had to turn to look at him, she gave the look that says 'Seriously?'. 'Is he being serious right now, there are so many students in school that will be so happy to be his friend especially the girls so what the hell is he even saying' Farha says in her head.
"You know I can hear you right?"
Farha forgot that Austin could read her mind.
"You are invading my privacy. You do not have the right to read my mind without my permission"
"Okay okay, sorry. I won't do that again".
"Better" she says and continues to read her novel. The room became quiet, non of them was talking because Farha totally ignored him. Five minutes later, Austin became tired of the silence, Farha has been glued to her phone for the past five minutes without giving him any attention, so Austin snatched her phone away from her.
"Hey!! What are you doing, give me back my phone".
"I won't"
"Why"
"I want your attention"
"You want my attention but i need my phone so give it to me"
"I won't, until you listen to me"
"Argh! Fine! I'm giving you ten minutes to say whatever you want to say"
"Thank you" he says as he deeps the phone into his pocket. "Lisa sent her greetings to you" this made Farha more interested in what he has to say. "Really, but why can't she come here in person?"
"I can't tell you but you will soon know"
"Okay... Tell me more about Agath"
"It's a long story"
"Just tell me, besides I don't have anything to do cuz you ceased my phone" Austin smirked at what she said because he loved that she is listening to him.
"Well. A very long time ago the kingdom of Agath had a male ruler known as king Xavier. He was feared by everyone, worshipped by everyone, he was like a God and nobody can disobey him. He had over two hundred wives and over five hundred mistresses"
"What! How can he have so many wives, that's not possible" Farha interrupted.
"Well that's possible. You see, special creatures especially the royalty like us live for a very very long time. We can live for over five centuries. So the king was always marrying and taking in as much mistresses as he wants. He is so wealthy and powerful he gets whatever he wants" when Austin said they could live for over five hundred centuries she started to wonder how old he is, but she didn't say anything further.
"As I was saying before you interrupted, the king had many many wives has everything he wanted except a male child. This is one of the reasons he married many wives and had many mistresses but non of them could give him a male child. Though very few of them gave birth to male children but it's either the son dies immediately after birth or both the mother and child would die. He has so many female children but he never values them, he mostly married them off to wealthy men. Agath is a very big kingdom but it divided into four regions, North Agath, south Agath, East Agath and west Agath. And all the regions are being ruled by king Xavier. So he married off his female children to some of the most wealthy men in those regions. The king's inability to have a male child was a curse, But no one found out until when king Xavier had a dream that an old woman he had offended centuries back had cursed him because he killed her son. It is known and believed that what ever the king dreamt of might be something that happened in the past or might happen in the future".

"But why did the king kill the old woman's son" Farha asked curiously.
"It was because there was a woman the king wanted to marry but the woman doesn't love him back because she is in love with another man, so he killed the man because he wants the woman all to himself, and man happens to be the son of that old woman. The king searched for the old woman but the old woman was reported dead. This made the king very sad, he never had a male child of his own.
A century later, one of his wives told him she is pregnant. He wasn't so excited about it because after all he knew he will Never have a male child. But nine months later, the wife gave birth to a baby boy. The king was over joyed, he was so happy. He threw a huge feast to celebrate the birth of his first male child that survived after birth. King Xavier became more proud because now he has a male child that will succeed him. A decade later the king found out that the mother of his son was having an affair with another man. He killed the man who was having an affair with his wife and punished his wife. Locked her up in her room for a year, she wasn't fed properly and wasn't treated as the king's wife anymore. After a year, the wife had a confession to make, the king ordered that she should be brought out. She confessed that the child doesn't belong to the king. He belongs to the man that was killed. She confessed because she felt so guilty, she felt that even if she's gonna die she can't die with such heavy secret. Some called her a fool for spilling out the secret because other women would hide the truth so that their son will be king but she didn't care about that. The king wasn't surprised, because if she has a lover outside, then the child might not be his. The king got angry and sentenced her and her son to death. He was angry because she decided to embarrass the royal family by having an affair with someone else and lying to him that the child belongs to him. Since then he never had a male child.
Two centuries later, the king was too old weak and was about to die, he was sad that he didn't have a male child but he decided that his first daughter Hazel will be the one to succeed him. Hazel's mother was the first woman the king ever loved and before her mother died Xavier promised to take care of their daughter and won't do anything against her wish.
Hazel was already married to the man she loved unlike her step sisters that were married off to someone they don't like. After the death of Xavier, Hazel was crowned Queen of Agath but she prefers to be refered to as the Goddess of Agath. Hazel was just like her father, she ruled like her father did. Though, she is a female but she wasn't the type that takes nonsense.
So since then, Females also rule Agath, but it depends if the female is the first child. If a male is the first child, then he will be the next to rule and if it's a female she will also rule. And that's how it continued up till this day". All the while that Austin was narrating, Farha listened attentively.

"Can I ask a question?" Farha asked.
"Yeah, go ahead"
"How old are you?".