chapter 15- Home Alone

Farha didn't sleep again that night because she was too scared to sleep, she stayed awake till sunrise. Fatima woke up a bit late and she had to prepare to go to school. "Oh my God it's already 7:30" Fatima said as she immediately climbs off the bed and rush into the toilet. She sharply took her bath and came out. She looks at the time and "oh dear ! It's 7:45, we are definitely gonna be late for school. Farha are you still sleeping?" She thought Farha was sleeping because Farha was laying down facing her right side, backing Fatima. Farha didn't answer her sister because she wants her to think she's sleeping. When Fatima realized that Farha isn't answering she concluded she's still sleeping, considering what happened last night, Farha might not go to school, so she let her be. Fatima Immediately started praying after twenty minutes she was done and she dressed up for school then left the room. She checks the time and it's 8:10. Muhammad is ready for school so Mr. Adam their father dropped them off and went to work.

Farha was left with her mother at home. Not too long after Farha's dad and siblings left the house her mother came in to check up on her. "Farha, are you still sleeping?" Farha didn't answer so her mom came closer to check if she's asleep but she's not. "Farha, why aren't you answering me? the mom said when Farha didn't say anything. Farha didn't say anything but climbs off the bed. "Good morning Mom" she says inaudibly, but her mom still heard her. "Thank you. How are you feeling now?" Farha didn't say anything. It wasn't like she's sick after all. "Come, let's go to the dining room to eat breakfast"
"Let me brush my teeth first" Farha says and her mom nods her head as a go ahead. After brushing her teeth, Farha followed her mom to the dining room and they ate their break fast. Mrs. Adam finished eating before Farha did , but she had to wait for her because she wanted to have a conversation with her. After Farha is done eating, she was about leaving when her mom stopped her. "Wait" and Farha sat back.
"What happened last night? What caused the shock?" Farha doesn't know how to answer her mother. "I'm talking to you, so answer me"
Farha sighed and she narrated what happened that night when she woke up, the reason she fainted.
"Mom I got so scared, I thought I was going to get eaten or killed or kidnapped" Farha said feeling scared again.
"Shhhh, don't say that again, no one is going to kidnap you, no one will kill you, you are safe okay?"
"Okay Mom"
"I think it's all in your head, because the bulb in that room actually has a problem and the switch normally goes off. You were just imagining things. Don't worry okay, that's why I tell you to always pray before going to bed."
"Of course, that's what you will say, you guys don't believe me whenever I narrate something like this" Farha said in her mind after her mom spoke.
"Now go back to your room, take your bath and rest. "
"Okay" Farha replied and left for her room.

Farha went to her room then into the bathroom and took her bath. Minutes later, she came out of the shower and dressed up. She wore a blue jeans and a white short sleeve shirt. She ties her hair into a messy bun and lays back on the bed. Looks like the bed is her best buddy today. Not long after she dressed up her mom came knocking on the door. That surprised Farha because her mom never knocks before coming in.
"Come in" Farha says then her mom came in.
"I'm going to work now, would you like to follow me to work?" Farha's mom, is a business woman, she deals with mostly Female clothing, but she also sells male wears too. She has so many employees and many customers who patronize her business. She has a big boutique in three different states. The headquarters is in Abuja, she has a branch in Lagos and here in the state they leave in which is Niger state. She used the first letter of her children's name to name her business. The business is known as 'FMF BOUTIQUE'
"Nahh, I'll stay at home"
"Will you be okay alone? I don't want what happened last night to happen again"
"Don't worry mom, I'll be safe. Besides, you said the doctor said I should rest right? So don't worry I'll be fine I won't go anywhere" her mom didn't want to leave her alone but she's already late because she has a meeting to attend.
"Okay take care of yourself"
"Okay, bye"
Farha's mom left and now she's all alone.

Farha laid back on the bed with her purple head phones on, listening to music while playing a game on her laptop. Moments later she felt sleepy. She kept the head phone and laptop on the small side drawer beside the bed then slept off. An hour later, her phone rang but she ignored it. The phone kept ringing but she still ignores it. Then it rang for the fifth time "argh, who's trying so hard to disturb my sleep" she picks up the phone intending to put it on silent then she realized that it was her class mates kausar, then she picks up the call.
"Hello" kausar says.
"Hi"
"Why aren't you in school"
"Oh, I'm not feeling so well today, so I decided to stay at home"
"Ooh, so how are you feeling now"
"Much better. Are you at home?"
"No I'm in school"
"You went to school with your phone?
"Yeah"
"Well just hope it doesn't get ceased by the principal"
"Lol, who cares. Besides, he will never know". Kausar laughed.
"Hmm, Okay, thanks for the call"
"Nevermind. byeee" kausar said and hangs up.
After the call she puts her phone on silent so that she wouldn't be disturbed again. So she tried to go back to sleep but she couldn't, it was as if the sleep vanished from her eyes.

She turned on the TV in the room and started watching an American movie, she didn't find it interesting so she decided to read a novel online.
"I see you are enjoying yourself" Farha didn't need to turn before she knew who was talking. She already knows who it was.