First Days are Always Terrible

(Author's Note: Regulus is in his 4th year but he will have some classes with the 5th years due to his advancement. I apologize if he seems OOC, but this is before Regulus really becomes involved with the death eaters.)

I had an annoying habit of waking up at 6:30 and not being able to fall back asleep. After a failed attempt to go back to sleep, I reluctantly got up and showered. I got dressed in the ridiculously plain uniform before grabbing my things and heading to the Great Hall. I made sure to leave Lily a special note. I smirked as I thought about Lily picking up the innocent note before having it explode in her face.

Drumstrang had made a very good prankster out of me and I had learned from the best.

I found my way to the Great Hall, only tripping once. Hey, it was an accomplishment. I was naturally clumsily, which I found odd considering how good I was at fighting and defense. I looked around the hall and wasn't surprised to see it was mostly empty with the exception of the all the teachers.

I walked to the Gryffindor table, my feet making small noises as I walked in the empty room. I grabbed a piece of toast and put some jam on it before putting my stuff down. I waved softly to Professor McGongall when she caught my eye and she smiled.

I heard a noise and quickly turned around, my paranoia and Auror instincts(As I liked to call it) kicking in. I stopped myself from cursing the person when I saw it was Regulus, who looked shocked that I had caught him as he tried to sneak up on me.

"Wow great instincts" Regulus said still sounding shocked as he sat down next to me. I blushed a bit, no one had ever complimented me on something so simple like my instincts. I mumbled a "Thanks" as I put my toast down. Wrong decision Alex.

Regulus seems to have a habit of taking other people's food because as soon as I put my toast down, he took it and bit off a piece.

I stared incredulously at him, before making a noise in the back of my throat. "H-Hey did you-!"

He smirked, "Yes I just did" he said. He bit off another piece before putting it down. I looked at my toast sadly, there goes a perfectly good piece of toast wasted.

He rolled his eyes, "Alex don't be such a baby. It's just a piece of toast"

I glared at him playfully and pouted, "Yeah but it was my piece of toast."

"You are being incredibly childish" He stated as he rolled his eyes again. I crossed my arms with a huff. "Oh shove off"

"You know you're just proving my point, right." He stated. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I know you're not here to talk about how childish I am, which I'm not might I add. Why are you really here?"

"Can't friends hang out with friends anymore" He asked incredulously. I looked at him warily. "Of course they can but that's not why you're here is it?"