The Aurora Borealis - Chapter One

A/N: Any ideas please comment them! :) I love including you guys into the story writing <3

~~~

First person- Aurelia Quinn POV!

~~~

The sun shone through the closed blinds into the small apartment, sending rays of light across my bed.

I awoke slowly and rose from the covers.

I wandered into the kitchen and made myself a coffee as my eyes slowly felt lighter. Birds chirped, forming a melody of its own kind, peaceful and fresh.

I sat down at my writing desk and placed the coffee to a side, picking up my pen and re-reading my last words.

I sighed as my ideas failed to flow onto the page. The dark curse had been cast but I couldn't picture Storybrooke in my head.

My phone buzzed. "Emma?" I questioned, answering the phone call.

"Hey Aura," The excitement noticeable in her voice.

"It's 7am, what got you so happy?" I rolled my eyes, taking a sip of my coffee and slouching back into my desk chair.

"Bit rude," She joked, "It's just a case I've been working on. Did you want picking up for work?"

'Work?' I thought, checking the date and realising it was Monday, 'that weekend went by quickly...' I cleared my throat before answering, "It's fine, I'll just take the bus."

"Suit yourself!" Emma shrugs, hanging up the phone.

I look to the paper once again, considering the possibilities a world with magic could bring to my life. Adventure, action, interest.
I chuckle, "I wish this was my life," i close the book and throw it into a near-by draw, going to get dressed for work.

~~

As I walked through the door I felt a funny pressure wash over me. 'Odd' I thought.

I walked out of the apartment building, the halls were quieter than usual but I couldn't think much of that.

I walked down the street and waited for the bus but it didn't arrive. The streets were busy but I hadn't seen a bus the entire time so decided to simply walk to work.

A man comes crashing into me, sending me flying and knocking me to the ground. "SORRY!" He shouts over his shoulder but continues running. I roll my eyes, get up and brush myself off.

~~~

When I turn the corner I notice a road that hasn't been there the day before.

I check the time on my phone, 8:45. Work started at 9 and I was almost there so decided to venture down the mysterious track.

It was quiet and not a single car drove down it. 'Hm... how peculiar' I wondered picking up my pace as I realise how long this road actually is.

I turn a corner and see a sign which reads, "Welcome to Storybrooke!"

'Storybrooke? I never knew it was a real place,' I wonder, continuing past the sign and suddenly being knocked to my feet, seeing a selection of colours that could easily be mistaken for the aurora borealis.

I hit the road with a smack, grazing my knee and elbow. 'Ah, crap!' I curse my clumsiness, getting up and wiping the blood from my knee.

I sigh, my casual walk turning into a slight limp.

It didn't take long until I was able to make out the details on buildings. As I carefully wandered down the streets, I felt everyone's eyes on me. It was as if I was an alien!

I checked the time once more, 8:49. 'What...?!' I wondered, I was sure I had been longer than 4 minutes. I look up at the tower clock- broken- so I rush into the nearest shop.

The display cabinets stored magnificent antiques some of those being grandfather clocks, pocket watches and one in a million time pieces. I scan over each and every one of them- broken.

"Is time Frozen in this god for sake town!?" I was becoming frustrated at the inability to find a ticking clock.

"Not a bad guess, dearie," a voice emerges from the back room. "How may I help you?"

"Sorry, I've never visited before and was just wanting to know the time? If you have it?" I asked the man, watching him lean his walking stick against the front desk.

"I lost count of the time an awfully long ago," he admitted, seeming to be stuck in a trail of thoughts, "We haven't had a visitor for... well... as long as I can remember." The shop keeper tilts his head slightly, staring off into space.

"It's not a problem, honestly. I should probably get to work anyway," I replied, suddenly feeling creeped out by this encounter. I leave as quickly as I could and follow the street back around.

~~~

Golds POV
~~~

I followed the visitor outside, looking up at the town clock that had never chimed.

I lean on my stick and roll my eyes, 'whenever will they fix that thing!' before walking back into my shop.

~~~

A/N: Sorry it's a bit short but i felt like this story needed a bit of context! Hope you're enjoying so far :)