01: Ten Tulips, Please.

Mark took a deep breath as he stepped out of his apartment for the first time in three days

Mark took a deep breath as he stepped out of his apartment for the first time in three days. The process of making yet another song that he'd be satisfied with completely was harder than it might've seemed. As he put on his headphones and played music that wasn't his - just to seek inspiration - he looked up at the sun that didn't quite make people warm just yet, it simply meant that spring was coming.

"Oh shit, it's Valentine's Day." he mumbled under his breath as he noticed the date on his lockscreen. He put his phone back to his pocket and walked to his favorite coffee place. Someone could've said that he was addicted to caffeine, but he didn't see it that way - that beverage was simply the best option to give him the energy he needed to write banger after banger. The 1 year gap he took from college to focus on his music completely and become a successful artist was coming to an end and he was motivated more than ever to accomplish his goal because college and a typical job weren't for him.

The barista welcomed Mark with the biggest smile on her face and the boy answered with the same. They knew each other on some level since he's been buying coffee from them for over a year, almost every single day. "Hey, Mark, the usual for you is coming right up."

He smiled as the girl turned to prepare his usuals right away. "Thanks, Jenni."

Until the coffees were ready, he sat down at one of the closest tables, going over his new song and moving to the beat as well as mouthing the words. He was already completely zoned out and didn't even notice the barista calling his name. She shook her head but smiled as she walked over to his table and placed the two coffees in front of him.

"Oh shit, sorry." he turned off the music and followed the girl to the counter to pay.

"New song?"

"You already know."

Jenni smiled as she clicked this and that on the computer screen to finish his payment. "I can't wait to hear it."

"Hopefully soon." he picked up his coffees and sent her a smile before leaving. The barista couldn't help but stare until he left the shop. Mark was a charming guy who was sweet to everyone, no matter who they were, and Jenni wasn't the only one having a crush on him - all her coworkers loved Mark, even the guys.

"You're back already?"

"Yup! Got your coffee too."

"Thanks bro, you're the best." Johnny - Mark's best friend and roommate took a sip of the hot drink immediately, overdramatizing the taste of it like he'd never had it before. "How's the song going?"

Mark scratched his forehead. "Not as easy as I thought it would. I'm kind of stuck at this one part."

Johnny nodded. "But I saw your most recent one has over 2 thousand listens, congrats! It's getting better."

"Not quite. That's not enough, dude, you know that."

The older patted his best friend's shoulder. "Don't stress it. You're extremely talented and you'll make it, trust me."