Chapter 23 - Ona

Ona's POV

When I first saw her, I was entranced.

When I first heard her, I was interested.

And when I first talked to her, I was invested.

She made me feel so many things I didn't think I would ever be able to feel. She made me become someone I never thought I would be able to become. Eva Valtersen changed me, for the better. Always been for the better.

I knew she was different, from the moment I leant down to try to help her at the Manchester Derby. I knew there was something deeper than what she let on. She looked at me, her eyes telling me more than I ever thought possible. It was as if, for a moment, she was not going to take my hand. But instead, she latched onto it, and I pulled her up, before having to run off, remembering that I was, in fact, still playing in a very important match.

After the game, in which we drew, I remember staring at her. Staring at Eva, watching her every move. I tried not being weird about it, but it was hard. It was hard to not feel completely and utterly drawn to her.

I couldn't help myself. I couldn't help wanting to be near her again. So, I went over to her. I walked, confidently, over to where the Norwegian was standing. We were the last ones on the pitch, and as I got closer to her, she saw me, and our eyes locked.

After our brief talk, and then multiple conversations thereafter, and then a date, and then a kiss, it felt as if everything was falling into place for Eva and me. For Eva and Ona. For us.

I've never doubted her. Even when she lied to me, about her sister, and even when she struggled keeping up with her own brain, I never doubted her. I never picked an argument, or did anything that could jeopardise what we have together, because I knew that was more important than anything else in this world.

I often wished I could understand her brain. I often wished I could know how she thinks, and feels, and how she sees the world. I thought that, maybe, it would help me understand her better. Understand how she perceives, and comprehends. I tried not questioning her, or her little quirks, but it was hard. Hard to be a good girlfriend when I never knew why she needed to do those things.

I have always known that I've had it 'lucky'. Eva hasn't. I grew up in a stable, loving family. Eva's sister died, breaking hers apart. My brain allowed me to focus on the thing I loved most: football. Eva's brain forced her to. They were the same coins, but two very different sides. Two very different types of life that one could have been subjected to, and I knew I had to remember that.

And yet, throughout everything, Eva was there for me more than anyone else. She was always there to hold my hand, guiding me through everything, including life. She helped me when I stepped away from the National Team, supporting me throughout all the hardships that came alongside it. She was the epitome of perfect, in my eyes at least.

She came home, from the Arsenal game, confused. She walked through the door, and I could sense something was different.

"Hey," I said to her, as she came through the apartment door. Although we never officially moved in together, I gave up the lease on my apartment a few months ago, and have been staying here ever since. We never said anything, but we both knew what happened, and loved it.

"Hi," she responded, placing her bags on the ground.

"Sorry about the result," I said to her, hugging her tightly as she lay beside me on the couch.

"Yeah, it wasn't...a great game," she said, choosing her words wisely.

"It's okay. You win some, you lose some." She nodded her head, leaning closer into me.

She placed her hand on my chest, feeling my heart rise and fall. She often did this, without even noticing. I always thought that it was because she liked the stability of my heart, both physically and metaphorically. I was stable. I would be there, forever.

"Is everything okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah," she responded, but I wasn't convinced.

"What's happened, Ev?" I asked.

"Nothing," she responded.

"Except..." I prompted.

"I was watching the Arsenal team, and for some reason... it felt different."

"What?" I asked, quite confused.

"Watching them- It just seemed to me as if City isn't right for me, either."

"Hold on..."

"I think I- I don't know-" she started to say, before I interrupted her.

"I've been talking to my manager..."

"You have?" she asked.

"Well, yeah. When I didn't resign with United, I had to. But that is besides the point," I started to say.

"What have they said?" she asked, looking at my phone as I pulled up my messages.

"These clubs have interest: in you and me." I turned the phone to Eva, pulling up the list of clubs that were written in a message.

"Holy shit," Eva said, grabbing the phone off me.

"Yeah..." I soon replied.

"Ona... I- I- really?" she asked, so surprised and yet excited too.

"Yeah, Ev, really."

"We could- we could- go to these places? Together?" She looked at me, her eyes filling with tears. I grabbed her face with my two hands.

"Don't cry," I said to her, wiping the tear that fell down her face with my finger.

"Happy tears," she said, laughing.

"I would never go anywhere without you, Ev. Know that."

"I know that." She smiled a soft grin, as she said this, leaning her forehead against mine. "And I wouldn't go anywhere without you either." I leant in, getting a cheeky kiss, from the girl I loved.

In my heart, it was me and Eva forever. Every bone in my body, and blood in my veins told me it would be me and her. Eva and Ona.

But my brain also told me I had to be realistic. I had to accept that often, in reality, things can change. Lives can change. One day, it could be Eva and Ona, and the next, it could just be Ona. It could just be me.

I never wanted that to happen. Of course I didn't. But, if it did, I didn't worry about myself. I never worried about how I would turn out, but rather, I worried about her. I worried about my girl. I worried about my Eva.

It would always be about my Eva, because I'm entranced. I'm interested. And now, more than ever, I am invested. I am invested in her. I love her.

I love her.

note:

- okay friends:

1) tippah or mila first... ill tally the most votes and go from there

also, I WILL BE COMING BACK TO THIS STORY ASAP, as in, once reality has caught up to where I want it to, I will be regularly writing. DON'T WORRY!!

- I am very ocd... like actually ocd (just like our good friend Eva)... hence why I wouldn't let this one stop and I wouldn't forget about it... you can count on me haha

- anyways, lots of love, and let me know thoughts and opinions and what u may want to see xoxo