Chapter 7 - Magnets

I paced my room for what felt like hours. I lived through that day, over and over and over again in my head. I would pinch myself every twenty minutes just to remind myself that it wasn't a dream. It was real. It was all real.

Ona texted me, after she had arrived home.

Ona: thank you for today. I had fun.

Eva: me too

Ona: so...

Eva: so...

Ona: Are we thinking that this could happen again or...?

I chuckled softly to myself as I read the message.

Eva: I mean, maybe ;)

Ona: well, I will take that as a yes

I held my phone close to my heart, letting myself feel a slight bit of joy. Letting myself feel, for once, happy.

We trained hard over the next few days, preparing for the game against Everton in the League Cup. While Ona, with United, was preparing for their upcoming League Cup match against Durham.

I would talk to her regularly, but due to our hectic schedules, I hadn't seen her since that day. Since the weekend. Since the reservoir.

The night before my game against Everton, she messaged me.

Ona: Want a surprise?

Eva: Hmm, what is the surprise?

Ona: well if I tell you it won't be a surprise.

Eva: Well, I don't care too much for surprises anyway

Ona: I may or may not be coming to your game tomorrow.

Eva: Really??

Ona: Got myself a free night.

Eva: Really??

Ona: Yes really... you happy about that?

Eva: Yess!

Ona: Good, I'm glad. Find me after your finished :)

I smiled at my phone, being even more excited for our match tomorrow as it would mean I would see Ona again.

The game against Everton was not our best piece of work. Although Caroline got us ahead in the 8th minute, Everton pulled one back in the 10th minute. Lauren scored soon later, and I even got one myself - my first goal for City which was exciting. Hayley also scored, and Ellen in the 89th minute. So, although we didn't play our best in terms of keeping a clean sheet, we still came away with a 5-1 victory.

After the match, I stood beside Hayley and Alanna, as we walked around the pitch, clapping to our fans. Although, what I was also doing was trying to find Ona. I knew she would be here, it is only a question of where.

When I got to the other side, taking pictures with fans, and signing merchandise, I saw her. She was smiling at me, but hiding herself close to the back of the stand. I caught her eyes, and she caught my own. I continued around, signing everything, and soon the stadium started to clear out.

Ona came close to the front as it had, and I went over to her.

"Enjoyed yourself?" I asked her.

"I did, thank you," she responded. "It's always nice to check out the competition."

"Well, I hope you had fun."

"I did. I especially liked that goal by the Norwegian girl. What's her name again?" Ona laughed as she said this, and I nudged her slightly, leaving my arm resting against hers.