NHL: Patrick Kane (Chicago Blackhawks)

Patrick & Danielle

"I'm not gonna be able to make it, Dani."

I should've expected this. Having a boyfriend that played for the Blackhawks was fun at times, but he was never there when I wanted him, like when I had an important lacrosse game.

"I'll talk later Patrick."

I hung up and popped in my mouthguard, standing up and walking to the field afterwards.

The game went great. Our team won with a huge lead, but I couldn't stop thinking of how proud Patrick would be if he was here. Suddenly, there was a commotion in the stands and everyone surrounded something. The team and I walked closer and I was pleasantly surprised to see Patrick emerge from the middle.

"I'm here to see my girlfriend! No pictures please!" He yelled as he pushed people away from him.

"Patrick!" I yelled towards him, waving my hands and jumping up and down.

He looked at the field, caught my eye, and bounded down the metal bleachers. He cleared the fence in one jump and pulled me into him.

"I was so mad at you," I mumbled into his chest.

"I knew you would be, but I wanted to surprise you. Much more fun this way," he chuckled.

I pulled away from him but kept my hands in his. This was such a rare thing and I wanted to cherish it. I felt like if I let go of him, he would disappear.

"How did no one notice you until the end of the game?" I asked.

"I was wearing sunglasses and a hat, but I took both off when I was cheering," he smiled.

I hugged him again and felt him kiss the top of my head.

"Thanks for being here."

"Anything for you, Danielle."