ten

____________________________

Lexa is looking forward to the following Friday and she's pretty sure Octavia notices. She doesn't say anything until Friday comes though. Lexa is home from her appointment with the 11 year-old Taylor on point. He's the last one in her schedule and usually, Lexa goes for a stroll around his neighborhood after she's done. The houses are old, expensive and beautiful. It's so unusually quiet there, and there's one of Lexa's favorite bakeries too.

That day, Lexa is right on time, which means early. Although Octavia loves punctuality, she doesn't love punctuality if that means Lexa sees Lincoln without a shirt in the kitchen. Like Lexa wants to see her roommate's boyfriend shirtless. Instagram is enough.

Octavia sadly also sees right through Lexa. With a kiss and his shirt, Lincoln leaves, and so Octavia has time to see what Lexa is doing, which is desperately searching a casual but pretty enough outfit.

"What are you doing?" Octavia asks suspiciously.

"Just changing."

"For what? Another birthday?"

"No, I'm going out with a student's mom."

Octavia looks like it's her birthday and Christmas at the same time. She squeals. "Oh my God, you're dating a milf? You're into old women? I told you Lexa, you do have mommy issues."

Lexa groans. "I didn't mean a date, O. She invited me to go to the art gallery with her. She has some pieces there. Also please don't bring up my mom, and Clarke's not 'old', she's 33."

"You're both old."

"You only say that because you're 29. In two months, you'll be in your thirties too."

"Yes but I just look hotter than you."

"Of course, that's why-"

"I scored Lincoln!"

"I know, I know," Lexa grins. "Anyway, I need something to wear. Something that fits an art gallery, but doesn't look like that 50 year old art teacher who wears the whole color and shape palette. Something that's casual and subtle but not boring. Flattering. You know?"

"Yes, I know, the kind of outfit that will help you seduce a woman. Let me see."

"I'm not trying to seduce her. Why does everything have to be sexual since you only see Lincoln shirtless?"

"I've seen Lincoln with much less than a shirt," Octavia winks and Lexa covers her face with her hands.

"Too much information."

Octavia waves her off and goes diving into the depths of Lexa's closet. "So you want something artistic that's subtly seducing so that she won't be able to stop looking at you instead of the art and take you home?"

"Stop it, seriously."

"Okay, okay. So just something pretty that will make her trip a little but not into your boobs?"

"You know what, I think I'll be good on my own."

Octavia doesn't let up though, and Lexa is okay with that because even though Octavia loves to tease her, she has an impeccable sense for fashion. It ends Lexa with a smooth black turtleneck with an asymmetrical cut right above her breasts, but not too much (Octavia couldn't help it) and wide beige pants that sit snug around her waist. Because the colors are labelled too boring by Octavia, she picks Lexa's thick streetwear fleece jacket that has these abstract shapes of green, blue, pink and yellow. Lexa accepts it, mostly because it's warm and the turtleneck is thin.

She thinks about taking her totebag printed with Picasso's 'The Three Dancers' because it's one of her favorites, but also because she's sure Clarke will recognize the work, and they're going to an art gallery after all. After thinking that she actually doesn't need to take more than the stuff that fits into her pockets though, she leaves it.