Revenge begins

Vaella entered the room with the painted table to find her mother.

"You said you wanted to see me, mother?"

Rhaenyra smiled at her daughter. "This came for you." She said and handed her the scroll.

"What is it?" She asked and opened it. She read the scroll and dropped her hands to her side.

"They want me to marry Aemond?" She asked.

"If you decide to yes but the wedding would take place in a month or two."

Vaella sighed. She had changed so much over the years. She claimed a wild dragon named Cannibal and was fluent in her high Valyrian, not to mention her sword skills, which she also excelled in. But she knew nothing about married life. She knew she'd have to one day, but every time she brought it up, Daemon and her mother would shut it down.

"Why would he even gree to this? He hates me." She said, shaking her head.

Rhaenyra held her daughter's hands. "I will not force to, but I do think you should at least meet with him again."

Vaella sighed. "When?"

"They are expecting us tomorrow."

Vaella didn't particularly like Aemond. She thought he was an entitled stuck-up brat.

"I know nothing about men, mother."

Rhaenyra tensed up. She saw Vaella as her little girl, which is why she never spoke to her about such things. "I know."

Vaella sighed once more. "How does Daemon feel about this?"

"He is not happy seeing as Aemond is a Hightower, but he will be fine."

Vaella glanced at the table. "Very well. Let us pay my one eye uncle and his family a visit."

The next day in King's landing, Aemond stood beside his brother, awaiting Rhaenyra and her family.

"Congratulations, brother. If she agrees to be your wife, you will no longer have to pay for sex." Aegon joked.

"Do not mistake myself for you. I do not fuck whores." Aemond replied to Aegon.

"Yes, yes, you will fall in love with the girl that took your eye how romantic." He smirked.

Aemond turned to his brother. "I have no interest in falling in love with her, but Vaella Velaryon will suffer for what she did."

Aegon scoffed. "Two eyes are not going to solve your problem, brother."

"And what problem is that?" Aemond asked.

Aegon chuckled. "You're a bitch." He whispered.

Just then, Rhaenyra and her family walked towards them.

"Ahh, my beautiful daughter." Viserys said happily and hugging Rhaenyra. Vaella held little Joffery's hand, barely paying attention to Aemond. He was taller. Handsome.

Aemond stared at Vaella. He hated her.

"Mm if you don't fuck her I will brother." Aegon mumbled.

"We thank you for accepting our invitation, princess Rhaenyra." Alicent said bitterly.

Vaella whispered to her mother that she wasn't feeling well.

"My daughter needs to rest. I suppose you can have someone show her to her room?" Rhaenyra said.

"Of course." Viserys said, signaling a handmaiden.

Vaella glanced at Aemond. He watched her like she was a sheep, and he was a dragon.