17

Tarian gasped at the figure near him, bringing his palms up to his now wet cheeks. He was.

He turned his head to Neteyam, head hung low.

"You know, i dont think ive ever seen you cry." Neteyam chuckled, trying to bring humour to the situation. Tarian smiled softly.

"You know it's not your fault, right?" This time he looked to Neteyam and saw felix. He let out a muffled sob at his eyes, so full of life.

Neteyam took it as a sign of bad, hugging Tarian tightly, both boys so close to each other they were like one living mass. Tarian focused on his words.

"I know"

"What" asked a confused Neteyam.

"Its not my fault, but brought back.. Memories"

"Oh, wanna.. Talk about it?" Tarian shook his head, the other boy feeling the movement on his shoulder which had become Tarians favourite spot to rest his head.

"He died in my arms, I did nothing." Was all he said. Both comforted each other on a level far pat physical, both boys saw each other on a level farther than any being can encompass.

They sat, rocking, both understanding that the other was going through something, Neteyam was worried for Kiri, she had been taken to their marui, treated by both the tsahik and the sky people doctors, Norm trying to make sense of skans as they spoke, and Tarian was reliving something that a person so young should not be reliving.

The stars shone on their backs, both boys lying asleep on the soft sand of the beach. Soft snoring coming from both. The sand crunched over a third person's feet. Neytiri smiled at the boys, understanding something on a motherly level. Tarian had tear streaks on his face, something she never thought she would see, Neteyam appeared calmer now, when they first brought Kiri he appeared distressed, now as they both lay in eachothers arms, drool pooling at the corner of Tarians mouth, she smiled, walking away, explaining to Jake that they were fine, letting both boys be.

...

The soft rayes tickled their eyes, Tarian groaning slightly, head snuggling further into the warm surface he was laying on. The rhythmic beating bringing calm to his mind, wait, beating? His eyes shot open, a blue torso in sight.

"Fuck" He cursed, looking at Neteyam to see if he had awoken yet, he had. Neteyam was smiling at his use of slang. Tarian shot up, head spinning at the sudden movement. Neteyam sat up significantly slower, looking at Tarian, admiring him in the soft morning sun.

"Riri your hair is a mess"

"Oh yeah?" said Tarian, hands lifting to his fluffy hair stuffed full of random beads, it was sticking up, a beaded strang strewn across his face. He frowned, spitting a bit into his left palm, the right one was on the sand across them, Tarian had taken it off in a sleepy haze, earning an utterly disgusted look from Neteyam, Tarian smirked, lifting his hands to his hair, flattening it. Neteyam's eyes widened as he started wiping his hands onto the sand.

"I touched that!" He said cheekily, gagging, looking at Tarians palm.

"Skxawng!" Tarian yelled, tossing a bit of sand towards the other boy.

"You're nasty!"

"Oh come on!" Tarian yelled, stretching out his arms, Neteyam shuddered and bolted up, running away from Tarian who started running after him, hand reaching for him to touch him with his palm.

"Bro! You spat in it! Dont!" Tarian laughed madly, jumping onto Neteyam, wiping his hand into the boys hair, who pulled a laugh worthy face at the contact.

"Oh come on!"

...

They had cleaned up, coming separately, not noticing the looks Neytiri gave them. Ronal was doing.. Something to Kiri, poking her back with needles. Creating gusts of air with her mouth. They sat outside of the marui, nervous to all hell. Tuk and Neytiri were helping ronal.

"Kiri!" Yelled Tuk, Tarian standing up with lightning speed rushing inside, seeing a sobbing Kiri, Neteyam and Jake following.

Neytiri lightly cried, cradling her.

"Kiri, my sweet child." Tarian smiled at her, who was still letting out soft cries.

...

Tarian smiled, sitting in the marui beading a necklace.

Suddenly a horn sounded, the Metkayina in their near vicinity sitting up. Tarian sat up slower looking around. He heard Tuk dragging Kiri out. And saw Tsireya.

"The tulkuns have returned! Our brothers and sisters have returned!" Tarian smiled, not seeing a big reason for who he should jump as he had not bonded with a tulkun, but he dove in anyway, his right arm bending in an unnatural angle as he slapped the water.

He saw huge whale like creatures approaching the navi, beautiful sounds escaping them. He smiled, looking around him, he swam without direction, not caring where he ended up.

Tarian was surrounded by happy people catching up with their brothers and sisters, so much happiness can make you forget everything it seemed like. A tulkun bellowed, not accompanied by anyone, it was huge it had gone underwater, the marks on his back lining its spine, Tarian swam up to it as it surfaced for air. He signed a simple hello towards the creature, swimming up near its eye, their conversation taking a while, swimming around the reef laughing, sharing stories.

sorry its short!

-eb