16

Tarian sat crouched, next to Tsireya as Lo'ak told them of his adventures.

"I wish i was there, the sea blessed you Lo'ak" Interrupted by Aonung.

"However the tulkun have no returned yet, and no tulkun swims alone"

Lo'ak frowned.

"Well this one did- He only had one fin, the other was only a stump." Tarians eyes widened, his left hand going to his right, gripping the area where flesh and metal connected.

"Payakan."

"What? Whos Payakan?"

"A young bull, he's an outcast and is missing a fin.

They say he is a killer, who killed other tulkun and navi, not here, but further south"

Aonung told, his hands lifted, as if telling a story.

"He is not a killer" firmly stated Lo'ak.

"You are lucky you survived" said Tsireya, face in awe.

"He saved my life!" said Lo'ak, voice near a yell.

"He is my friend!" He said as Neteyam stood up from his spot near Tarian.

"My little brother" He said, walking up to Lo'ak putting his hands on the boys shoulders.

"Who faced the killer tulkun, and lived to tell about it-" His humouring words cut off by Lo'ak swatting his hands.

"You're not listening" he shouted. Tuk looked at him and yelled

"Lo'ak! Im listening!" But he didn't come back, Neteyam sat back down near Tarian, Tarian slightly frowning, mind trying to compute what happened.

...

They swam under a beautiful arch, the sun glistening. A few Ilu's and a fear inducing Tsurak, which now was tame, Tarian refused to tame an Ilu, using Ska for everything, wanting to instil fear into people that dared to attack them without having to call for Ska.

"This is the cove of our ancestors, eclipse is the best time to be here." As tsireya said that the sun eclipsed, the dark covering them, sunlight being replaced by bioluminescence, the tree like structure underwater glowing as well as they dived down to it, Tarian watched as all the other found way to branches as he also swam up to the feather like leaves, he had only bonded with the tree in the forest once, seeing Felix's kind face, the age unchanging as the day he gave up on life. He took his que, he had noticed the pressed tendrils growing up slightly, and though they weren't functional and did not wrap to anything while making tsaheylu, it gave him comfort knowing that perhaps one sunny day they will grow long enough to function with normalcy. He attached his que to the feather, the tendrils wrapping around it, the place it had wrapped giving off a higher glow. His eyes closed, a rainbow of colours clouding his eyes. The next time he opened them he was in a field of striking resemblance to the one of his dreams, the same face that had the same soft but sharp angles that his had sticking through the wisteria like blanket of leaves. This time, as the human sart down with Tarian and they exchanged hello's, the human spoke once more as Tarian braced himself for the sadness of interruption.