Chapter 1

"OH MY GOD, I bloody swear." Jodi said as her alarm went off for the 3rd time this morning. She was meant to be up at 6 AM to go to the gym. She always did this. Before going to bed, she would think it was a good idea to start being productive and get back into going to the gym. She always regrets this in the mornings.

Jodi eventually dragged herself out of bed at 8.30. Not as early as she wanted, but she was up and ready by 9, so she called it a win. She went to her kitchen to attempt to make breakfast. She looked through her cupboards to find a tin of beans, lasagna sheets, onions, peppers, and half block of butter. Usually, she would be able to throw something together in the mornings, but with these ingredients, she didn't think there was much she could do. So, instead, she went to her handbag to dig through there to find something to eat. Nothing. She sighed and looked at the pile of boxes in the corner, still waiting to be unpacked. They had been sitting there staring at her for the past 2 weeks. She kept putting off unpacking, and today was the same. Instead, she got up, put her runners on, and walked out the door.

It was March in England, in any other country that would mean it was starting to get warm, but no. Not here. As she walked the cold, wet streets of London, she thought about her family back in Birmingham. She thought about her dad and brothers and mum... Oh shit, Mum. IT'S MOTHERS DAY. She briskly took her phone out of her pocket to text her mum. "Happy mothers Day💐💐 Luv u ❤️ " she then went onto google Maps to look up the nearest flower shop. It was 15 minutes away. She was planning on going to Tesco and then the gym, but those plans went out the window as soon as the realization hit her. The best plan she could come up with on the spot was to buy flowers, chocolates, and a card and get on a bus two and a half hours back home to deliver them. She cursed at herself as she arrived at the small corner shop and saw the que out the door. "Of course." she thought. And she started the wait to get to the till.

She stood there for a good hour until she finally got to the counter. "Hi, I was wondering if I could order some flowers for right now, please?" She begged. "Hiya, unfortunately, the wait will be another 2 hours. We are just so packed today." Jodi sighed. She wanted to walk out of the shop, but she had no other option. "Alright." she said and ordered some lilies mixed with baby's breath, her mums favourite. It was going to be a long day.

In the meantime, she went to Tesco and bought a Milktray and a card for her mum. Once she had done that, she checked her phone. It was only 10.30. She still had an hour to wait. She was too far from her apartment to go back, so she decided to treat herself to breakfast. She went into a small coffee shop called 'Smiths'. She ordered a hot chocolate and a croissant. Jodi nuzzled herself into a cosy corner and put in her Airpods. She decided to listen to ' Heaven knows I'm miserable now' by The Smiths cause she thought that it was very apt. 

Soon it was 11.15, and Jodi decided to start walking back to the flower shop. When she walked around the corner, she could easily tell that there were fewer people in the shop. the que was no longer out the door, so she walked straight in and walked up to the till. She was told to wait until her order number was called, so she took a seat on a stool in front of the desk. Soon enough her number was called and she collected the flowers. "Gee, Mum better be grateful for these." She put her airpods back in and started her journey back to her apartment. She was just vibing to One Direction when she heard a commotion behind her, and somebody tapped her shoulder. " Hey, Hey. Excuse me. I believe you have my flowers. " Jodi turned on her heels to find herself face to face with a rather attractive man. About 6'3, brown hair, brown eyes. He seemed really out of breath. She stood there shocked, staring at him. " Hello? I said, you have my flowers." the stranger said. " I'm sorry, I think you're mistaking. I just paid for these." Jodi finally responded. "Yeah, but they are mine. They have my name on them." he replied in a tone. Jodi looked down at the flowers in her arms to see the name 'Jodi Simons' on a label. " They have my name on them, Sorry." she responded hastily, and she went to walk away. " No, wait. They also have my name." Jodi stopped again and with her back to the stranger examined the flowers closely. She spun them around and saw another label with the initials 'JB' on them. She signed. She didn't have time for this. Jodi turned around once again. " Sorry, are you JB?". The stranger smirked "I sure am, can I have my flowers now... please?"  "I'm sorry but they have my name on them as well. I also really need them" She said wanting to get out of the situation as soon as possible. " Alright, but I need them too" He said. " Ill pay" Jodi scoffed. Did he really just try to buy flowers that she waited 2 hours for? "No way, I need them and I paid for them" she said impatiently. " Please. I need them to go to visit my mum in Birmingham and they are the only flowers I could get anywhere." He said begging. " I need them for the exact same reason. I'm so sorry but there's no way" Jodi replied. " I'll do anything. Please" The random man said.  Jodi thought about the long journey ahead of her on the bus. She was going to give in and ask for money instead but she thought of the hours she wasted in that que. "No, I'm sorry I can't. I really need these. Sorry." Jodi said and walked away, leaving the good looking boy behind. She didn't look behind her and made her way to her apartment. Who was this 'JB' guy?

She got changed into jeans and a nice top and packed a backpack. She locked up her apartment and made her way to the bus station. It was about 1pm, so the station was packed. She bought her ticket and got on the bus. She put in her headphones to avoid any unnecessary social interactions. Her vibes were interrupted for the second time today by a man. He looked maybe in his mid 60's and was dressed very old school. "So sorry to interrupt, Is anybody sitting here?" He asked, motioning towards the seat beside Jodi. "No, you can sit," Jodi said with a smile. The man sat down. About 10 minutes later, the man was fast asleep, snoring his head off. Jodi put her Airpod in to try and block out the noise, but she could still hear the man hyperventilating beside her. " It's going to be a long two hours," thought Jodi.

Authors Note: Phew. Chapter 1 is done!! Just over 1.3K words. Any guesses on who JB is?? ( and spoiler alert, it's not Joe Biden). Feeling kinda funny writing this after Chelsea beat Dortmund. Soz if there's any mistakes.  Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed it. I will put out the next chapter soon. See you all soon, my Jude simps. xx