6.

Onika Tanya Maraj pov| May 16, 2022| 17 years old | chapter 6.

_

I was really looking forward to spending the day with Beyoncé.. I spent all day in my room wondering what her activity was gonna be.

: I don't think I'll be able to
come over today

But I already planned our day...

: Why?

: Fam issues, but I
promise I'll stop by tmr we
can even go do something fun.😁

That didn't make me feel any better but alright.

: Okay 😊
I guess I'll see u tmr then.

: Bye

:Bye.

Oh shit.. now she doesn't want to hang out with you! The little voice in my head mocks.

"No! She d-does, she's just b-busy...." I mumble out with my head in my lap, since I was sitting on my bed.

I've been having this little voice in my head ever since the bullying begun in my old school and for some reason it doesn't want to leave. It's always there to taunt and make mockery of me.. I hate it!

Don't lie to yourself. The only thing she's busy with is not hanging out with you and having the time of her life!

"No that's not t-true."

"Oh but it is.. I mean who would want to be friends with a partially deaf, stuttering idiot that hears voices in her head... that aren't even fucking there?!"

"I- d-don't know.."

"Well you should."

I started humming a soft tune, one that my mother always sang for me before she died... it always helps dissipate the voice, and that it did.

____

The next day Beyoncé didn't come to school leaving me a little worried. She said we'd hang out today.

We had English today and since she wasn't around I was left to sit by myself, I spotted her friend— I think her name was Robyn?

Should I ask her? I thought more so to myself, No don't do it you weirdo! I heard that very same contradicting voice in my head say.

I'm gonna talk to her after the class... I finally concluded tuning in to what the teacher was saying.

After the lesson was over I saw her packing up her things ready to leave so I finally gathered up the courage to walk over there.

"H-hi."I stutter a little tapping the table before shifting on one feet a little uncomfortable at her piercing eyes and towering stature.

"Hey." She smiles alleviating my nerves a little... keyword 'a little' "Bey's partner, is it?"

"Y-yeah." I smile nervously "Umm.. I just w-wanted to know i-if she's okay, she said we'd h-hang out today but she didn't c-come to school?"